1 / 24
Next Inspection -
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
In this tree lined, sought after street which is undergoing much renewal, only a stroll from the City centre, this original Tocumwal home preserves all the character of the era, and was thoughtfully extended to create a home with remarkably spacious living areas and bedrooms. It now presents an exciting opportunity to invest creativity and energy into the perfect project in the right location, and is set amidst richly planted, sustainable gardens, on an east facing block of approximately 1,054 m2!
The wide front verandah has been enjoyed as a quiet place to relax over many decades past, and adds to the charm of the authentic façade, complemented by the enticing, fruitful gardens.
High battened ceilings feature in the original part of the home, and the ceiling height is maintained right through the extension. This has created spacious, light and airy, casual and formal living areas, which maximise the north aspect through full length, double glazed windows and doors, opening onto an expansive, covered rear entertaining deck. Continuity is also maintained in the beautiful Cypress pine polished flooring, which extends from the entry right through to the lounge at the rear.
The large eat-in kitchen/family room is full of light with windows on both sides and has a computer nook adjacent to the back door. There is generous bench space, a St. George 900 mm double oven with electric cooktop, a stainless steel rangehood, an Asko dishwasher and LED downlighting, while a surprise is the massive walk-in pantry. Full length windows overlook a row of citrus trees and garden.
Living areas have a continuous flow, and the lounge which has an air conditioner, opens onto an equally generous covered entertaining area with an abundant passionfruit vine to one side, and enjoys a private view over the garden.
The original front door opens to a wide and welcoming entry and leads to the master and second bedrooms. All four are oversized and feature polished Cypress pine flooring.
The romantic master bedroom was originally the lounge, and offers luxurious space, a fireplace structure (currently covered), four windows overlooking the verandah and front garden, and a full sized ensuite/two way bathroom. Adjacent to the ensuite is the large main bathroom which offers a bath, and both are presented in good condition. There is an extra w/c adjacent to the remaining two bedrooms.
A new Colorbond roof was added at the time the home was extended, and there is a solar panel array, while hot water is solar boosted. Sited unobtrusively at the rear of the block is a huge double garage which has a rear roller door.
Planted with self sufficiency in mind, the gardens are a delight to explore, the amazing variety of healthy trees bountiful with summer fruit. A spreading apricot tree shades the front garden, and a plum and fig, while nectarine trees and buddleias line the driveway.
The rear garden is planted with many more, including pear, plums, sour cherry, apples, lemon, cumquat and other citrus, the soil around these, and in the seven raised veggie beds well nurtured over many years. There is a massive water tank behind the home supplying the irrigated beds.
The location is everything that could be desired! It is a comfortable walk into Braddon and the City centre or to the Dickson hub, a short stroll to the vibrant Ainslie shops, and parks, ovals and nature trails on Mt. Ainslie. A wide selection of well regarded schools are within easy reach.
- Authentic Tocumwal*home on approx. 1,054 m2 in sought after street, a stroll from Ainslie shops
- Original part of the home features high battened ceilings and very spacious rooms
- Thoughtfully extended to add a large, light and airy, eat-in kitchen, lounge and a covered rear deck
- Present day home offers four large bedrooms, two bathrooms, an eat-in kitchen, lounge and deck
- High ceilings and polished Cypress pine flooring of original home replicated in extension
- Casual living and lounge feature double glazed, full length windows and doors to north aspect
- Large, eat-in kitchen has a 900 mm double oven, rangehood, dishwasher and huge walk-in pantry
- Lounge features a reverse-cycle air conditioner, has private garden views and opens to deck
- Luxuriously sized master bedroom has four windows and ensuite/two way bathroom
- Both bathrooms are spacious and presented in good condition, and there is an additional w/c
- Oversized double garage at rear of block has unobtrusive design and a rear roller door
- Amazing variety of fruit trees include apricot, plum, nectarine, fig, citrus, apple and pear
- Seven raised and irrigated veggie beds, supported by an enormous 2,000 gallon water tank
- Twelve solar panels and solar boosted hot water
- Quiet, central location, walk to Ainslie shops, City centre or Dickson hub and Mt. Ainslie trails
- Wide selection of well regarded schools in the area, including Ainslie primary
Rates: $5,391.00 p.a. approximately
UV$ 851,000 approximately
- *(reference) https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/the-history-of-canberras-iconic-tocumwal-houses-849591/
The land value history at 9 Bonney Street AINSLIE, ACT 2602 has the most recent growth rate of 1.76%, giving an unimproved land value of $836,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 9 Bonney Street.
9 Bonney Street AINSLIE, ACT 2602 has 26 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Merici College.
|0.42 km||Merici College||Wise Street, Braddon|
|1.10 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.10 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.13 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
|1.13 km||Ainslie School||Donaldson Street, Braddon|
|1.17 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|1.27 km||Turner School||Condamine Street, Turner|
|1.27 km||Turner Early Childhood Centre||Condamine Street, Turner|
|1.31 km||St Joseph's Primary||Boronia Drive, O'Connor|
|1.50 km||Lyneham High||Goodwin Street, Lyneham|
9 Bonney Street is located within the suburb of Ainslie, which has a population of 5,189, a median age of 41 and an average household density of 2.4 people.