1 / 32
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
This architect-designed, award wining, five bedroom family home is for sale after a complete contemporary renovation in 2008. The perfect blend of an entertainers' delight and spacious family home, you will not be disappointed with all 41 Couvreur Street has to offer.
This five bedroom home is split into two distinct floors, providing great separation of space between the bedrooms, and the multiple living spaces. Upstairs you'll find the heart of the home, the expansive open plan kitchen, dining, and living area. With soaring ceilings, a traditional wood fire fireplace, and picturesque views to the Brindabellas and Red Hill through floor to ceiling windows, this light filled room is ideal for entertaining and everyday living. A spacious verandah looks out over the leafy back garden and provides a seamless transition from the indoors to outdoors.
The contemporary kitchen is packed with storage and features an abundance of stone bench space, a dishwasher, and a six burner gas stove.
Also located upstairs is a convenient powder room for guests, and an impressive master suite. With a magnificent curved ceiling and large picture windows the room is drenched in sunlight, while maintaining privacy with thoughtful window placement and a timber screen on the exterior. Timber flooring, a walk-in-robe, and a substantial modern ensuite with bath, a private balcony, make this the ideal segregated parents' retreat.
Downstairs is the childrens' oasis. The large central rumpus room provides plenty of space for a secondary television area, a playroom, and even a place for study or arts and craft. The four secondary bedrooms all come off the rumpus room and include picture windows and carpets. Three of the bedrooms are double in size and include spacious built-in-robes, while the fifth bedroom enjoys views to the back garden and can be utilised to suit your family's needs.
There are two complete bathrooms downstairs, making busy mornings a breeze, as well as a large separate laundry with external access. One of the most enviable features of the home is the abundance of storage. Downstairs you'll find multiple built-in cupboards as well as a large storage room behind the stairs.
The timber deck off the downstairs rumpus room provides a covered outdoor entertaining area, perfect for getting out of the summer sun. A small pool is built into this downstairs deck and looks over the back garden.
This cleverly designed home is the whole package; great separation of space, multiple outdoor and indoor living areas, a sustainable design, and an enviable location. Garran is the ideal place to raise a family; with excellent schools, popular local shops, and public transport all nearby. Only moments to the inner-south, the Parliamentary Triangle and major arterial roads. You won't want to miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION SATURDAY 20TH MARCH, ON SITE AT 1.00PM.
- Architect designed
- Winner in 2009 - MBA - Remodeling More Than $300,000
- Finalist in 2008 - HIA - Most innovative use of steel
- Five bedroom family home
- Double lock up garage
- Double glazed windows throughout
- Well insulated
- Alarm system
- Hydronic panel heaters to every room
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning to upstairs
- Ducted vacuuming to both levels
- Expansive open kitchen, living, & dining room with timber floors, high ceiling, and views
to the Brindabellas & Red Hill
- Large verandah with views and retractable awning
- Contemporary kitchen with plenty of storage & bench space, 6 burner gas stove
- Powder room upstairs
- Master suite away from secondary bedrooms includes walk-in-robes, ensuite with bath, high ceilings and private balcony
- Downstairs includes a large rumpus room with access straight onto downstairs deck
- Deck includes in-built pool and shaded by verandah above
- Two complete bathrooms downstairs
- Separate laundry with access to the backyard
- Four large bedrooms downstairs
- Three secondary bedrooms with built-in-robes
- Large study or fifth bedroom
- Plenty of storage including a large store room behind stairs & loft storage space with retractable stairs
- Established native gardens
- Small cubby house to backyard
- Water tanks
- Close to excellent schools, local shops, parkland, and public transport
- Short-drive to inner-south and city centre
- Perfect for families
- EER 5.0
- Built in 1976 and extended and renovated in 2008
- Block size approximately 1040sqm
- Living size approximately 304.50sqm
- Garage size approximately 40.50sqm
- Rates $5,193 pa
- Unimproved land value $831,000
The land value history at 41 Couvreur Street GARRAN, ACT 2605 has the most recent growth rate of 8.78%, giving an unimproved land value of $831,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 41 Couvreur Street.
41 Couvreur Street GARRAN, ACT 2605 has 36 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Canberra Grammar School - Junior school campus.
|1.15 km||Canberra Grammar School - Junior school campus||Alexander Street, Red Hill|
|1.15 km||Canberra Grammar School - Southside - early childhood campus||Alexander Street, Red Hill|
|1.18 km||Canberra Grammar School||Monaro Crescent, Red Hill|
|1.49 km||Garran Primary||Gilmore Crescent, Garran|
|1.64 km||St Bede's Primary||Nuyts Street, Red Hill|
|1.66 km||Hospital School (The)/Canberra Hospital||Yamba Drive, Garran|
|1.69 km||Southside Primary Introductory English Centre (at Hughes Primary School)||Kent Street, Hughes|
|1.69 km||Hughes Primary||Kent Street, Hughes|
|1.70 km||Malkara School||Wisdom Street, Garran|
|1.80 km||Canberra Girls Grammar School||Melbourne Avenue, Deakin|
41 Couvreur Street is located within the suburb of Garran, which has a population of 3,497, a median age of 43 and an average household density of 2.6 people.