1 / 37
*** Please go to https://raywhitecanberra.com.au/watch-our-auctions-live to watch the auction ***
In accordance with ACT Government health guidelines, one on one inspections for Residential property will be allowed to commence at 11.59pm on Friday, 17th September 2021. To book an appointment please contact the agent.
Discreetly positioned in a coveted cul-de-sac, 19 Glasgow Place is a refined and enlarged adaptation of a traditional double brick home, hand built in 1966. The current custodians of nearly three decades have lovingly modernised and contemporised it inside and out while retaining its mid-century character with a substantial yet sympathetic architecturally designed extension and renovation to bolster the accommodating floor plan to over 188m2 of internal living plus exceptional garaging, workshop, and storage space.
Set on the high side of this quiet street, with sweeping views across the Woden Valley to the Brindabella Mountains, the home boasts a prolific Wysteria vine emboldening the front facade with a mass of purple blooms and welcoming guests into a light filled and spacious entrance. A formal lounge and dining room that capture the stunning mountain views through traditional French casement windows are accentuated by a romantic open fireplace with sandstone book-leaf hearth and built-in chimney flue. The kitchen, completely transformed with the renovation, is inspired by French Provincial influences and is fitted with high-end European appliances and an openable skylight.
From here the design flows effortlessly across stunning front-to-back blackbutt hardwood floors through a sunlit meal area to a striking family room, accentuated by matching blackbutt joinery, a vaulted ceiling and a cascade of natural light due to the northerly orientation. Down a wide hallway to the bedroom wing, in which each room has generous proportions and built-in wardrobes. An oversized master suite takes full advantage of the elevated outlook and boasts its own contemporary ensuite, completely and tastefully renovated along with the additional bathroom.
The 'spare no expense' approach taken to enhancing this bespoke home extends to the garden and its surrounds. Based on a design by acclaimed landscape architects Harris Hobbs, the established gardens feature a variety of mature deciduous trees, impressive bluestone granite retaining walls front and back, and a below ground watering system and large water tank at the back. Privacy is guaranteed in the numerous 'garden rooms,' with sunny and shady spots always available, and the Wysteria covered pergola, with white lantern blossoms, provides the perfect backdrop for alfresco entertaining. Massive storage capacity, the double automatic garaging and brick accentuated driveway, and ample off-street parking will cater to a growing family. Just one door down are the recreational delights of Red Hill Nature Reserve, an idyllic natural playground of walking trails and open spaces filled with native wildlife.
With extensive quality features and inclusions, this remarkable, beautifully appointed residence is highly recommended.
• Superbly renovated and extended family home in a coveted location
• 188sqm of refined internal living plus exceptional garaging, workshop and under house storage provisions
• 937sqm elevated block with northerly orientation to rear
• Exceptionally quiet and private cul-de-sac adjoining Red Hill Nature Reserve
• Formal lounge with impressive views of the Brindabellas through French casement windows, open fireplace with flued chimney
• Separate family room featuring vaulted ceiling and custom joinery
• French Provincial style open plan kitchen with stone benchtops and European appliances
• Oversized master bedroom with contemporary ensuite and exceptional views
• Three additional bedrooms all fitted with built-in wardrobes, the fourth including additional home office joinery
• Open plan study with integrated storage
• Hardwood Blackbutt timber floors and matching shelving
• Ducted gas heating, ducted Brivis air conditioning
• Instant gas hot water; back-to-base capable security system
• Terracotta roof tiles, fully replaced in 2008
• Double automatic garage, with separate workshop and additional storeroom
• Under house cellar
• Mature landscaped gardens architecturally designed by Harris Hobbs
• Automated watering system to backyard
• Bluestone granite retaining walls with feature lighting
• 9,000L water tank with pump
• Boral pavers surrounding home
Close proximity to:
• Hughes Primary School
• Alfred Deakin High School
• Hughes local shops
• Canberra Hospital
• Red Hill Nature Reserve
• Parliamentary Triangle
• Westfield Woden
There is currently no sale history available for 19 Glasgow Place.
19 Glasgow Place HUGHES, ACT 2605 has 40 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Hughes Primary.
|0.62 km||Hughes Primary||Kent Street, Hughes|
|0.62 km||Southside Primary Introductory English Centre (at Hughes Primary School)||Kent Street, Hughes|
|0.62 km||Woden School (The)||Denison Street, Deakin|
|0.68 km||Alfred Deakin High||Denison Street, Deakin|
|1.06 km||Malkara School||Wisdom Street, Garran|
|1.30 km||St's Peter & Paul||Wisdom Street, Garran|
|1.53 km||Holy Trinity Primary||Theodore Street, Curtin|
|1.59 km||Canberra College||Launceston Street, Phillip|
|1.74 km||Curtin Primary||Theodore Street, Curtin|
|1.82 km||Garran Primary||Gilmore Crescent, Garran|
19 Glasgow Place is located within the suburb of Hughes, which has a population of 2,990, a median age of 44 and an average household density of 2.5 people.