1 / 23
Efficient Cropping & Cattle at Scale
Land Agribusiness Water Development (LAWD )is pleased to invite offers for the Marshmead Aggregation (the Aggregation), a large-scale dryland cropping and grazing platform.
Key Investment Highlights:
• Large scale non-contiguous aggregation with a proven history of dryland cropping & cattle production.
• Managed as a single enterprise comprising Marshmead (8,587.55ha*) & Kimo (3,755.96ha*) being only 2.5km* apart & benefitting from direct access to the Castlereagh Highway.
• Highly desirable soil types evidenced by Cation Exchange Capacities (CEC) ranging from 40-59 c.mol/kg* comprising deep self-mulching grey, brown & red clays & smaller areas of red brown earths providing an arable area of 8,039ha* (65%).
• The grazing area of 4,305ha* comprising native grasses & trefoil is fully fenced from the arable land.
• An extensive reticulated water system supplied by a bore scheme supplies water to a network of concrete water troughs & poly tanks utilised as efficient spray filling sites.
• Enterprise focus has been on winter crop production of wheat, barley & chickpeas in combination with cattle trading.
• The 2021 winter cropping program comprises 5,589ha* sown to Lancer & Spitfire wheat & 2,450ha* sown to Hattrick chickpeas. Crops are well advanced, on a full profile of moisture, with current conditions & favourable outlook likely to provide good levels of carryover soil moisture for the 2022 crop.
• The grazing area has not been recently grazed & is carrying a large body of feed.
• It is proposed by the vendor that settlement would occur following the harvest of the 2021 winter crop.
• Quality operational improvements includes machinery sheds & workshops, two sets of steel cattle yards, grain shed (3,000t*), upright grain storage (1,760t*), grain bunker pad, bunded & lockable chemical storage shed, & five* stand shearing shed with sheep yards.
• Accommodation is provided by three homes & self-contained demountable worker’s complex.
• For sale in one line or as separate assets.
LAWD is inviting offers for the Marshmead Aggregation by single stage Expression of Interest closing Thursday 30 September 2021 at 4pm (AEST).
WALGETT, 2832 NSW has 3 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Walgett Community College - High School.
is located within the suburb of Walgett, which has a population of 2,145, a median age of 33 and an average household density of 2.6 people.