1 / 9
Institutional Scale Sugar Cane Portfolio
Land Agribusiness Water and Development (LAWD) is pleased to present for sale Racecourse Portfolio, a high-quality institutional scale irrigated and dryland cropping, and grazing opportunity located in the Mackay and Clairview regions of northern Queensland.
Comprising approximately 14,425 hectares in total across three aggregations, the Portfolio is predominantly utilised for the production of sugar cane and beef cattle with 812* hectares having also been developed to irrigation (centre pivot, lateral move and flood).
Key investment highlights include:
• Comprising a total land area of 14,425* hectares, the three aggregations are all located within a 50* kilometre radius of one another.
• Rangeview Aggregation - 8,755* hectares in total, of which 2,726* hectares are utilised for dryland cropping and 618* hectares of grazing land.
• Hylton Park Aggregation - 4,810* hectares in total, of which 63* hectares are developed to flood irrigation, 2,077* hectares utilised for dryland cropping and 751* hectares of grazing land.
• Marwood Aggregation - 859* hectares in total, of which 325* hectares are developed to centre pivot irrigation, 125* hectares to lateral move irrigation and 299* hectares to flood irrigation, as well as a 2,140* megalitre storage dam.
• Currently utilised for the production of high yielding crops (sugar cane) and beef cattle.
• Sugar cane crops have recently been producing five to six ratoon crops with potential to increase further.
• Rotational crops (soy beans) are also grown to reduce nitrogen requirements for top dressing and the planting of sugar cane.
• Recent yields of approximately 81.98 tonnes per hectare and a commercial cane sugar (CCS) of 14% have been achieved under current management.
• Portions have been developed to irrigation including 325* hectares of centre pivot, 125* hectares of lateral move and 362* hectares of flood irrigation, with the balance comprising dryland cropping and grazing as well as support land and remnant vegetation.
• Benefited by 400* megalitres of water allocations, multiple groundwater bores and water storages across the Portfolio, as well as multiple frontages to various creeks throughout.
• Excellent operational infrastructure and structural improvements include multiple workshops, storage sheds and residential infrastructure throughout.
• Close to commodity processing facilities and ports, including sugar mills at Sarina (Plane Creek Sugar Mill), Proserpine (Wilmar Sugar), Farleigh, Marian and Mackay (Mackay Sugar) and the Mackay Harbour which is regarded as one of the world’s largest bulk sugar terminals.
LAWD is offering the Portfolio to the market being either as the whole portfolio or as any combination of separate assets, by Expression of Interest with the first stage closing Wednesday 1 June 2022 at 12PM AEST.
is located within the suburb of Blue Mountain, which has a population of 92, a median age of 39 and an average household density of 3.3 people.