Gary Willemsen's quality-built homes are snapped up whenever they come on the market in Canberra, and rightfully so. Like all of Willemsen's projects, this townhouse at number 98 has his signature solar-passive orientation, with lovely northern light flooding the open-plan lounge and dining room.
Unfolding over one level, in a quiet, friendly complex, it's a fabulous option for downsizers or first-home buyers looking to get into Cook.
There's scope here to turn the generous rear garden and pergola and the large enclosed front garden into magical focal points of the living areas that give you green vistas no matter where you look. With a playground and no neighbours to the rear, it offers potential to create a lovely private haven.
The neat and immaculately kept bathroom and kitchen will provide all you need now but also give you potential to value-add down the track.
A huge bonus of this home is its walkable location. With easy access to Mt Painter and Aranda bushwalking trails, and within a short stroll to the Jamison Centre, this foot-friendly neighbourhood provides a more convenient, stress-free lifestyle. And it's only a 5 minute walk for buses to Civic and Belconnen town centre.
Add to that its proximity to Belconnen Town Centre, the Bruce medical precinct and Canberra CBD and you'll wonder what to do with all the extra time you have.
Auction Details - This home will be auctioned on site on Saturday, 26th March 2022 at 10.00am. Please contact Phyllis if you would like to register.
* Single-level townhouse in boutique complex designed by Gary Willemsen
* Welcoming front enclosed courtyard
* Both bedrooms with built-in wardrobes
* Open-plan dining and living room with quality window treatments
* North-facing living room
* Reverse-cycle heating and cooling
* Kitchen offers an abundance of natural light through the expansive window
* Bathroom with separate shower
* Separate toilet and laundry
* Locks on all windows
* Spacious enclosed backyard with rear gate access to pedestrian paths
* Perfectly positioned within the complex with only one common wall.
* Low-maintenance grounds with leafy outlook from every window
* Huge carport - right at the front door
* Lockable storage area at the rear of carport - perfect for gardening tools and bicycles
* Side path access leading to bushland and children's play area
* Easy walking distance to Jamison Plaza, Aranda Bushland and Mount Painter
Land Tax: $3,461pa (investors only)
There is currently no sale history available for 98 Bourne Street.
98 Bourne Street COOK, ACT 2614 has 22 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being St Vincent's Primary.
|0.61 km||St Vincent's Primary||Bindel Street, Aranda|
|0.82 km||Aranda Primary||Banambila Crescent, Aranda|
|0.84 km||Canberra High||Bindubi Street, Macquarie|
|1.44 km||Macquarie Primary||Bennelong Crescent, Macquarie|
|2.20 km||University of Canberra - Senior Secondary College Lake Ginninderra||Emu Bank, Belconnen|
|2.32 km||Weetangera Primary||Southwell Street, Weetangera|
|2.33 km||Radford College||College Street, Bruce|
|3.18 km||Belconnen High||Murranji Street, Hawker|
|3.35 km||St Matthew's Primary||Stutchbury Street, Page|
|3.46 km||Hawker Primary||Erldunda Cicuit, Hawker|
98 Bourne Street is located within the suburb of Cook, which has a population of 2,805, a median age of 42 and an average household density of 2.3 people.