1 / 23
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
This spacious, privately built home is situated in a tree lined street, backing a park, with only one neighbour, just a short walk to a light rail stop.
The double brick house had a genuine Cape Cod extension added, to create a home with separate, generous living areas, four large bedrooms and three bathrooms.
Two graceful eucalypts, easy care gardens and wide front terrace with an easy access concrete ramp, add street appeal.
The entry opens into the generous, light filled lounge, full length windows and sliding door framing a private outlook over the garden, and creating flow through onto the inviting terrace.
Fresh décor features throughout living areas and bedrooms, while polished timber flooring extends from entry and lounge through bedrooms on the lower level.
Open plan dining and kitchen feature cork flooring and overlook the entertaining area. The kitchen is equipped with a gas cooktop, and there is abundant storage.
The largest of the bedrooms on the lower level is a luxurious size and offers a wall of built-in robes and private garden views, while other bedrooms are spacious and feature charming sash windows.
The main bathroom is presented in good condition and offers a bath, shower and separate w/c.
The double brick construction on the ground level has the additional advantage of minimising noise between rooms.
Ducted gas heating maintains comfort throughout the house.
On the light and airy upper level, a large second living area is equipped with a kitchenette, two ceiling fans and a reverse cycle air conditioner.
Double doors open into an oversized bedroom with a modern ensuite, ceiling fan, an air conditioner, and an outlook over mossy roof tiles and treetops to Black Mountain tower and Mt. Ainslie.
Dining and hallway open onto a rear deck, sheltered by a covered pergola, which extends over the deck and an extensive paved entertaining area, easily catering for larger gatherings. A high brick wall joins the house to the garage, creating privacy.
A double garage with barn doors is divided into a car space on one side with a storage room, while the second bay is currently used as a two room studio, and has an approved bathroom and own laundry.
The double and single driveways provide additional parking for four cars.
The brilliant location is a stroll to coffee at Downer, Watson or Dickson shops, Epic Farmers' Market, pool and sporting facilities, there is easy access to a wide choice of sought after schools, while light rail offers a rapid trip into the City!
- Extended double brick home offers large separate living areas, four spacious bedrooms and three approved bathrooms
- Tree lined street, just a stroll from a light rail stop, Downer or Watson cafes and Dickson hub
- Originally constructed by a builder as his own home
- With a park at the rear and the benefit of only one neighbour
- Corner position, on a generous block of approximately 887 m2
- Young eucalypts sheltering easy care gardens and a wide front terrace add to street appeal
- Concrete ramp compliant with modern regulations for wheelchair access onto front terrace
- Spacious light filled lounge opens onto the terrace which enjoys a private garden outlook
- Fresh décor and polished timber flooring through entry, lounge and bedrooms
- Open plan dining and kitchen, which is equipped with gas cooktop and generous storage
- Generously sized master on ground level has a wall of built-in robes
- Main bathroom, presented in good condition, offers a bath, shower and separate w/c
- Ducted gas heating maintains comfort throughout the home
- Upper level offers an additional large living area with approved kitchenette, fans and reverse cycle air conditioning
- Additional upstairs master bedroom features ensuite, ceiling fan and a reverse cycle air conditioner
- Bedroom has views over treetops to Black Mountain tower
- Solar blinds fitted to western side of home and modern internal blinds to upper level
- Kitchen and hallway open onto a rear deck with a covered pergola, extending to paved entertaining
- High brick wall joins house to garage, creating privacy in the entertaining area
- Double garage with barn doors has one bay currently used as a two room studio
- Studio has a bathroom at the rear, with approved plumbing, and there is an adjacent laundry
- Fish pond provides a focal point in entertaining area
- In-area for a wide selection of sought-after schools and convenient to pool and sporting facilities
- Ideal, peaceful location, only metres from light rail to City, Epic and Farmers' Market
Rates: $4,108.00 (approx)
UV: $ 617.000 (approx)
The land value history at 95 Atherton Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has the most recent growth rate of 4.38%, giving an unimproved land value of $617,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 95 Atherton Street.
95 Atherton Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has 30 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Brindabella Christian College - Lyneham Campus.
|1.32 km||Brindabella Christian College - Lyneham Campus||Brigalow Street, Lyneham|
|1.39 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
|1.44 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|1.45 km||Lyneham High||Goodwin Street, Lyneham|
|1.54 km||Majura Primary||Knox Street, Watson|
|1.60 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.60 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.60 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
|1.66 km||Alternative Education Program/Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.67 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
95 Atherton Street is located within the suburb of Downer, which has a population of 3,662, a median age of 35 and an average household density of 2.5 people.