The well known Squatters Arms is a beautifully restored historic stone house located on 6 acres in the Snowy Monaro Region. Originally constructed in 1841, and as one of the regions oldest houses, it exudes charm and is rich in history. If only the walls could speak! This property has lived several lives; once servicing the Snowy Monaro as an Inn, a restaurant, an antique store, a pottery house, a café, a bed & breakfast, and now a family home with a profitable guest house.
Continually boasting an old world charm, the property showcases timeless features such as woodfires in every living area, original stone feature walls, detailed crafted mantles, beautifully finished hardwood floors, an underground cellar, large stone stables and a peaceful hardwood front verandah that overlooks the established lavender gardens.
Upstairs you will find a country style timber cladded space with two living areas, two bedrooms, toilet, and ample under eve storage. The perfect space for privacy with the potential to be used as a teenagers retreat, guest accommodation or an office space.
The Inn's original kitchen, which is separate from the homestead, has been fully restored and is currently operating as an Airbnb. The history and charm of the Inn is still very present in the guest house with its most distinguishing features still intact, such as the original cast iron woodfire and stone floors.
• 5 Bedrooms
• 2 Bathrooms
• Master bedroom with fireplace & ensuite
• Multiple living areas
• Spacious kitchen with 5-burner gas stove & electric oven
• Formal dining
• Mud room or office at rear entry
• 5 Fireplaces throughout
• Sandstone main bathroom with antique clawfoot bath & fireplace
• Separate toilet
• Gas & electric hot water
• Huge underground cellar
• Separate upstairs retreat/accommodation/office space/living area
• Under eave storage
• High speed NBN
• Front verandah with timber decking
• 6 Acres
• Firepit overlooking the Monaro's sweeping hills
• Community spring with abundant water supply
• 5000L water tank
• Established gardens with local lavender
• Raised vegetable beds
• Drip irrigation watering system
• Large stone stables
• Fully fenced
• Opportunity for small number of livestock
The Guest House:
• Currently used for Airbnb
• Original stone wall and flooring
• Cast iron wood fire
• Spacious bathroom with shower & bathtub
• Separate external access for privacy
• Sold with furniture
There is currently no sale history available for 945 Monaro Highway.
945 Monaro Highway is located within the suburb of Cooma, which has a population of 6,681, a median age of 45 and an average household density of 2.2 people.