1 / 33
Jan Ladmore of All Real Estate NSW is proud to offer this beautiful property in the heart of Wamboin. A place to have your animals, grow some veggies and fish whenever you want to.
If you are yearning to move your family out of the confines of the city yet only be minutes from work or schools then this place offers a great opportunity to do so.
This property is the perfect mix of a lifestyle and hobby farm. With the opportunity to go horse riding, ride your bikes, go camping, BBQ or picnic at the dam, do a tad of fishing or throw a yabby net in. The practical set up with a well-established vegetable garden and orchard, the various sheds and paddocks for your animals allows you to have the freedom of your own place while staying safe.
A well-designed home is set on a beautiful block with a large dam, gum trees offering space for a great lifestyle just on the edge of Canberra.
The property has an automatic gate and sealed driveway that lead to a large, well-designed home with four large bedrooms, three bathrooms, many multipurpose rooms, two brick double garages and a large 3-bay shed.
There is a wide and light-filled entry to welcome any guests to the home. A large, open-plan kitchen with an adjacent sunroom for casual meals and a family room with a slow combustion wood fire is central to the home. All the bedrooms are large with good light and wide windows, some with external access. With three bathrooms, this residence offers an easy opportunity to adapt some of the other rooms into additional bedrooms, if required.
This 13.5-acre property has 15 well-grassed paddocks with shade, shelter and water taps spread throughout, plus several holding yards to contain stock. The secure internal and boundary fencing will keep stock and any pets safely contained.
There is also a very large dam plus a jetty to sit and fish. It is fenced off from the adjacent livestock paddocks which has an abundance of native vegetation along the perimeter naturally filtering rainwater as it enters. Many native birds and turtles call it their home plus it supports a very healthy population of silver perch and yabbies.
The stand-alone brick garage near the main residence comes with plenty of amenities - an extra bathroom connected to a separate HWS, an enclosed woodfire, a laundry tub, 3-phase power, built-in cupboards and extra storage in the roof cavity.
Some features of this amazing property:
• 5.46Ha (13.5Ac) with new 1.8m high exclusion boundary fencing
• Sandstone pillars with new electric dual gates (Beninca) with remote that also opens the house garage roller doors via separate buttons
• Sealed driveway with established trees and large paved area near the garages
• 15 paddocks with water and shelter, gates and good internal hinge-lock fences
• Good soil, weed controlled and large variety of grasses and other pasture species
• Large well-vegetated dam which is situated along a seasonal watercourse
• Suitable for horses with plenty of places to ride in the area
• Mixture of remnant eucalyptus trees and native shrubs
• Large brick home with high ceilings and lots of storage throughout
• Freshly painted bathrooms and new carpet throughout
• Large open-plan kitchen, double-glazed sunroom and family room with slow combustion fireplace
• 4+ large bedrooms with built-ins
• Master has sitting room and large ensuite with corner spa bath
• Main bathroom has a spa bath, linen cupboard and ensuite access to Bedroom 2
• Bedroom 3 is adjacent to the main bathroom for easy access
• Bedroom 4 and the large office (could be Bedroom 5) have ensuite access
• The smaller study or multi-purpose room off the living area could be Bedroom 6
• Formal living area has an open fireplace
• Large kitchen with pantry and lots of bench space
• Separate laundry with storage cupboards
• LED lighting throughout with some rooms having dimmer switches
• French doors, bay windows and several rooms have external access
• Recently replaced colourbond roof on main residence and separate garage
• Large double garage has internal access, built-in cupboards, and remote-control doors
• Slow combustion fireplace with heat distribution system to the bedrooms
• Electric in-slab heating (~30kw) in 5 zones on 3-phase off-peak power
• Open fireplace in formal living area
• Colourbond roof is well-insulated with R7 Glassbatts and a Sisalation roof blanket
• Verandahs’ provide natural shade to cool the home in summer
• Internet router and Telstra Booster Aerial
• Telstra landline
• 3-phase (noting that there are no 3 phase circuits utilising it other than in slab heating and otherwise phases distributed across the various circuits
• Solar 10kw, 31 Premium LG panels (25yr performance and product warranty) with Fronius 3 phase inverter - generates ~$3500 of benefit per year low electricity bills. Has a usage monitor so buyer can view detailed usage & generation information via a web application. installed by SolarHub.
• External power points on main residence, gazebo and brick garage
• Power and lights to the two older external sheds
• 230v power at the entrance and already installed cabling for lights and a timer at the house to easily control when lights will turn on/off
• Free standing brick double garage has bull-nose verandah, bathroom, laundry sink, slow combustion wood fire, built-in cupboards, separate HWS, roof cavity storage and remote-control doors.
• 3-bay shed with concrete flooring, 2 x roller doors, 1 x private access door and windows
• Two older garage sheds with concrete flooring and holding yards
• 2 x Livestock/horse shelters in paddocks
• Bore and pump houses
• Chicken coop/dog run
• Greenhouse/ potting shed
• Wisteria-covered pergola walkway leading to gazebo
• 200 kilolitres of water tank storage with over 700 square meters of roof catchment
• Licenced bore with new power cabling and recently serviced, ~70m deep giving solid water supply to all paddocks and gardens via strategically placed taps.
• Large deep dam with large storage capacity and a separate pump that can supply water around the property with the switch of a button from the pump house.
• Hardie-Dux Off-peak 315 litre HWS, and 2nd HWS servicing bathroom in separate garage.
Gardens and other:
• Paved paths and walk-ways around home and established gardens
• Well-stocked vegetable garden – garlic, onion, carrot, peas, parsnips, kale, beetroot etc.
• Large orchard with many varied fruit trees including apples, pears, plums, apricots, mulberries, figs, grapes, kiwifruit, herbs and companion plants such as chives, strawberries and potatoes.
• Field mushrooms, saffron milk cap mushrooms and slippery jack mushrooms
• Silver perch and yabbies
• 20 minutes to Canberra Airport
• 25 Minutes to Canberra City Centre
• 13 minutes to Bungendore
• 16 minutes to Queanbeyan
• 19 minutes to North Canberra
I have to say that when I walked around this beautiful property with the owners and observed the work they have undertaken, I could genuinely appreciate their dedication and commitment to improve this property and turn it into the bountiful place it is today. To have a hobby farm such as this is truly impressive. You could be mostly self-sufficient on this farm if you wanted to be.
The home has an adaptable house plan to suit most needs such as large families or to perhaps have guests come and stay very comfortably.
It is a unique and special property, and I can only encourage interested parties to inspect soon, so please do not hesitate to contact us for more information or to arrange an inspection.
The Lifestyle at 94 Weeroona Drive WAMBOIN, NSW 2620 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $1,000,000 on 27 April 2015.
94 Weeroona Drive is located within the suburb of Wamboin, which has a population of 1,708, a median age of 44 and an average household density of 3 people.