Transformed over the years to create an idyllic family haven of relaxation and recreation, 89 Downard Street combines both style and substance.
A substantial floor plan of approximately 212m2 of living begins with an expansive formal lounge and dining room filled with sunlight. Dividing the living rooms, a recently updated kitchen with new granite benchtops overlooks the outdoor areas and valley beyond. Adding to the appeal, the contemporary kitchen also includes sleek new appliances such as a 7.4 k/w induction cooktop and Bosch double oven. The family room continues onto the laundry and a separate guest powder room.
In addition a separate rumpus, which currently serves as a billiards room, has the versatility to be potentially used as an oversized 5th bedroom featuring an abundance of built-in storage.
Capturing vast amounts of sunlight, the second floor boasts a multi purpose room with updated floating timber-vinyl flooring, ideal for either a study or separate retreat. The master suite is generously matched with a walk-in robe and renovated ensuite complete with views. Three additional bedrooms all contain built-in storage and are serviced by a practical three way bathroom.
The front of the home includes a double garage with internal access plus a substantial amount of off street parking options with more than enough space for trailers, trucks, caravans and other toys. Despite it's elevated position, the semi-circular driveway is near level for ultimate practicality. Wrapping around the home with quality side access, the considerable rear yard features a blank canvas for the next family to come in and do as they please. There is scope for a pergola above the concrete pavement and an abundance of open yard space secured by colorbond fencing for the kids to run freely.
Suitable for families of all ages, this elevated spot on the hill is less than a minute walk from Calwell Primary School and just moments away from Calwell High School, Calwell Shopping Centre, Calwell Early Childhood Centre and Calwell District Playing Fields.
• Superbly presented 4 bedroom family home in an idyllic family setting
• Substantial extended floor plan offering 212sqm of internal living
• 960sqm block in an elevated position
• Multiple living spaces throughout
• Updated kitchen with granite benches, quality contemporary appliances, ample storage and valley views
• Bosch double oven with a total of 10 cleaning methods and automatic eco cleaning feature
• New contemporary 7.4 k/w induction cooktop
• 3 well proportioned spare bedrooms all containing BIR's
• Updated floating vinyl-timber flooring upstairs, new carpets and fresh paintwork
• Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling (upper floor)
• Wall mounted heater installed in the lounge room
• Master suite with walk-in robe and renovated ensuite
• Additional downstairs rumpus
• Level garden and play spaces
• Considerable shed storage
• Double garage with sensor lights and internal access
• Abundance of off street parking options
• Quality side access for trailers and other toys
Close Proximity To:
• Calwell Early Childhood Centre, Alliance Church
• Calwell Shopping Centre, Aquatic Centre & Fuel Station
• Calwell Primary School
• Calwell High School
• Calwell District Playing Fields
Rates: $2,620 approx.
Land Tax: $3,607 approx.
UV: $335,000 (2020)
There is currently no sale history available for 89 Downard Street.
89 Downard Street CALWELL, ACT 2905 has 24 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Calwell Primary.
|0.08 km||Calwell Primary||Casey Crescent, Calwell|
|0.84 km||Calwell High||Casey Crescent, Calwell|
|1.00 km||St Francis of Assisi Primary||Casey Crescent, Calwell|
|1.06 km||Richardson Primary||May Gibbs Close, Richardson|
|1.69 km||Covenant Christian School||Woodcock Drive, Gordon|
|1.73 km||Theodore Primary||Lawrence-Wackett Crescent, Theodore|
|2.05 km||Isabella Plains Early Childhood School||Ellerston Avenue, Isabella Plains|
|2.10 km||St Mary MacKillop College - Isabella Plains Campus||Ellerston Avenue, Isabella Plains|
|2.46 km||Caroline Chisholm School||Hambidge Crescent, Chisholm|
|2.46 km||Caroline Chisholm Primary||Hambidge Crescent, Chisholm|
89 Downard Street is located within the suburb of Calwell, which has a population of 5,758, a median age of 36 and an average household density of 2.8 people.