1 / 28
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Seeking a home that stands apart from the usual mundane Canberra offerings? - look no further!
This residence presents a rare opportunity for the individually minded buyer to truly escape from the ordinary.
The unique solar passive layout incorporates many of the architect Gary Willemsen's signature design features including towering raked ceilings, polished hardwood flooring, exposed beams, square-set cornices and floor to ceiling windows which take maximum advantage of both the abundant natural light and delightful garden vistas.
Step inside and there is a wonderful surprise at every turn with generous indoor and outdoor living areas set on 3 split levels - perfect for relaxed family living.
The lower level offers an engaging combination of cleverly conceived north-facing living spaces including open-plan lounge, dining and family areas adjoined by a striking renovated kitchen.
The middle level accommodates the three bedrooms, all of which enjoy leafy garden outlooks. The main bedroom offers a walk-through wardrobe and smartly renovated ensuite bathroom. Also on this level is the modernised main bathroom with its full bath tub, separate shower recess and WC.
The superb bonus is the upper level loft presenting the opportunity for it be utilized for a myriad of options such a home office, media room, 4th bedroom, studio or visiting guest accommodation.
You'll be spoilt for choice for alfresco living and stylish entertaining with the options of the front courtyard terrace or the additional paved rear terrace area overlooking the sprawling private gardens with colourful mature plantings. An additional large side garden beckons the avid horticulture enthusiast intent on establishing a serious vegetable plot.
Double car accommodation is provided by a detached brick garage which is presently used as a professional artist's studio.
The siting of the home on the block offer virtually limitless extension options and the land's RZ2 zoning delivers yet even further potential for future development.
* Elevated 1,137 land parcel in quiet cul-de-sac location with RZ2 zoning
* Architect designed by the renown Gary Willemsen
* 148 sqm (approx) split-level layout on three floors
* Raked ceilings and floor to ceiling windows
* Polished hardwood flooring throughout the living areas
* Exposed timber beams and square-set cornicing
* North-facing open-plan lounge, dining and family areas
* Renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances
* Adjoining combined butler's pantry/laundry facility
* Main bedroom with walk-through wardrobe and renovated ensuite
* Built-in wardrobe to bedrooms 2 and 3
* Upper level loft - ideal home office/studio/media room/guest or 4th bedroom
* Renovated main bathroom with full bath plus separate shower recess and WC
* Ducted gas heating plus evaporative cooling
* Attic storage area
* Front courtyard terrace plus large paved rear garden terrace
* large private side garden - perfect for serious vegetable plot
* Detached double garage - currently used as artist's studio
The land value history at 8 Rolfe Place CHAPMAN, ACT 2611 has the most recent growth rate of 8.43%, giving an unimproved land value of $534,000.
The House at 8 Rolfe Place CHAPMAN, ACT 2611 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $750,000 on 19 June 2018.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
8 Rolfe Place CHAPMAN, ACT 2611 has 22 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Chapman Primary.
|0.44 km||Chapman Primary||Perry Drive, Chapman|
|1.19 km||Alternative Education Program/Canberra College||Fremantle Drive, Stirling|
|1.46 km||Mount Stromlo High School||Badimara Street, Waramanga|
|1.66 km||St John Vianney's Primary||Namatjira Drive, Waramanga|
|1.95 km||Arawang Primary||Nemarang Crescent, Waramanga|
|2.47 km||Duffy Primary||Burrinjuck Crescent, Duffy|
|2.68 km||St Jude's Primary||Mulley Street, Holder|
|2.75 km||The Galilee School||PO Box 1066, Tuggeranong|
|2.89 km||Canberra Montessori School||Mulley Street, Holder|
|3.18 km||St Thomas the Apostle Primary||Boddington Crescent, Kambah|
8 Rolfe Place is located within the suburb of Chapman, which has a population of 2,684, a median age of 45 and an average household density of 2.8 people.