1 / 28
Next Inspection -
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Peacefulness, bird song and bush is the first impression of this small village, established in 1882, and treasured by its residents for its historic rural character, sense of community, and the peaceful, shaded streets where children can safely ride their bikes and people stop to chat with one another.
On a generous block of approximately 1,013 m2 with broad verges, this well presented family home offers separate living areas, five bedrooms, a large multi-purpose room, entertaining deck, a covered outdoor area, and a fantastic, large level garden for children and pets.
The wide front terrace offers a quiet place to relax, with an outlook over the garden enclosed by neat hedging, to the attractive surrounds. Timber framed, sash windows along the front of the home are furnished with modern venetians, and add to street appeal. The formal lounge is bright and welcoming, with fresh décor and polished timber flooring. This leads into the generous, open plan casual living area, which encompasses a meals/study area, large dining space and family room.
The modern kitchen is well equipped, with a stainless steel oven and gas cooktop, a Bosch dishwasher, island bench, breakfast bar, pantry and generous cupboard space.
The dining area easily accommodates larger gatherings and from the spacious family room, a sliding glass door opens onto the elevated, rear entertaining deck, which in turn leads down to paved, covered entertaining.
From family living a few steps lead to a huge multi-purpose room, with its own entrance, which could provide an additional living area, a home office or accommodation for young adults or parents. Above is a charming bedroom, which has a cathedral ceiling with a fan, a built-in robe, and its own play room or storage area.
The master bedroom offers a wall of built-in robes and ensuite, and enjoys a sunny, north east aspect and private outlook. All remaining bedrooms are fitted with built-in robes and are conveniently served by two bathrooms, one with a separate w/c and the updated main bathroom, featuring a claw foot bath, pedestal basin, w/c and a European laundry.
There is ducted gas heating, two ducted evaporative cooling systems, and new LED lighting.
There is generous car accommodation, with garage space for two cars and a double carport. Gardens are safely enclosed, and feature mature pear and apple trees, and have lots of space for cricket and other outdoor fun. Double gates provide access into the garden for a caravan, boat or trailer.
It is only a short walk to the delightful village centre, which has two coffee shops and other businesses, stocking local wines and craft, in historic premises. Hall Markets, held on the first Sunday of the month attracts wide interest within the Canberra region. Hall is a similar distance to the centre of Canberra as some suburbs in Gungahlin, and offers a unique lifestyle.
Fantastic family home in a village setting, offering lifestyle, a sense of history and community!
- Well presented family home offering three separate living areas, five bedrooms and ensuite
- Unique location in the village of Hall, on a block of approx. 1,013m2, steps to historic village center
- Light filled formal lounge features wide, timber framed windows, fresh décor and polished flooring
- Spacious casual living has polished floors through study/meals area, large dining and family rooms
- Modern kitchen equipped with stainless steel oven, gas cooktop, dishwasher, island bench, pantry
- Huge, carpeted, multi-purpose room may provide additional living room, home office or bedroom
- Wide, sliding glass door from family room to rear entertaining deck
- Elevated rear timber deck leads down to a covered, paved entertaining area and enclosed garden
- Master bedroom offers a wall of built-in robes, an ensuite and private, sunny north-east outlook
- Bedroom on upper level features cathedral ceiling with fan, a built-in robe and playroom/storage
- All remaining bedrooms fitted with built-in robes and conveniently served by two bathrooms
- Updated main bathroom has full height tiling, a claw foot bath, w/c and a European laundry
- Garage accommodates two cars, there is a double carport and access into garden for caravan etc.
- Large level garden, with mature apple and pear, safely enclosed right around for children and pets
- Village center has two coffee shops and other businesses, in historic premises
- Reserve with picnic tables and electric barbecues
- Hall is the transport hub for students travelling to numerous Canberra schools
Rates: $827.00 p/q (approx)
UV: $515,000 (approx)
8 Loftus Street HALL, ACT 2618 has 3 current open for inspections scheduled, with the next inspection being Wednesday March 3 from 05:00pm.
There is currently no sale history available for 8 Loftus Street.
8 Loftus Street HALL, ACT 2618 has 12 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Gold Creek School.
|3.19 km||Gold Creek School||Kelleway Street, Nicholls|
|3.27 km||Fraser Primary||Tillyard Drive, Fraser|
|3.28 km||Holy Spirit Primary||Kelleway Avenue, Nicholls|
|3.99 km||Ngunnawal Primary||Unaipon Crescent, Ngunnawal|
|4.15 km||Evatt Primary||Heydon Crescent, Evatt|
|4.27 km||Charnwood-Dunlop School||Bettington Circuit, Charnwood|
|4.28 km||Belconnen Primary Introductory English Centre (at Charnwood Dunlop Primary School)||Bettington Circuit, Charnwood|
|4.41 km||Mount Rogers Primary School||Alfred Hill Drive, Melba|
|4.72 km||Melba Copland Secondary School - Copland Campus Years 11 - 12||Copland Drive, Melba|
|4.75 km||Melba Copland Secondary School||Conley Drive, Melba|
8 Loftus Street is located within the suburb of Hall, which has a population of 271, a median age of 45 and an average household density of 2.5 people.