1 / 20
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Can you see it? What this place could be? Bursting with possibility, this renovators delight is ripe for an overhaul. You’ll need to look past what it is to what it can be - renovate or rebuild, the choice is yours and the opportunity to make something great is here!
It’s got all the hallmarks of a fantastic fixer upper - great location, good bones, room to add signifi-cant value and surrounded by gentrification. The reward is a dream home and lifestyle all wrapped up in a secure investment.
The block is a level 706m2 and the street is a lovely leafy cul de sac in a family friendly suburb. It’s walking distance to Marist College, Melrose College, Pearce shops and Southlands Shopping Cen-tre in Mawson. Just beyond is Woden Town Centre with restaurants, retail, and nightlife. The rest of Canberra is within easy reach thanks to main arterial roads being close by.
The home has good bones with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and multiple living rooms that can be opened up to create one big open-plan family space. There is a large yard with plenty of room for an extension or pool, subject to approval of course, and there’s a large free-standing tandem double garage with workshop and undercover access to the home via a deck off the dining room. You could easily live here whilst you plan your renovations.
This home is brimming with opportunity and those willing to revive it will be rewarded with not only a great home but a great investment for the future. Contact Andrew Curren today!
At a glance:
- Prime renovation/rebuild opportunity in suburb experiencing gentrification
- Great location! - Beautiful leafy cul de sac, minutes to fantastic Woden Valley amenities
- 4 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Large and level 706m2 block
- Lounge/family/dining/kitchen all connected and can be opened up to make one big open plan space (approval required)
- Kitchen has new stainless steel 5-burner gas stovetop and dual wall oven that can be re-used for renovation
- Master bedroom at rear with ensuite and built-in robe
- Bed 2 at front, sunny with built-in robe
- Beds 3 and 4, no built-in storage
- Main bathroom quite large with separate bath and shower plus separate toilet
- Large aluminum French-style windows
- Timber flooring and wall paneling
- New blinds throughout
- Ducted gas heating
- Separate laundry
- Pergola off dining area
- Covered deck provides undercover access to house from garage
- Huge double tandem garage with workshop at rear
- Walking distance to Pearce shops
- 15 minute walk to Southlands shopping centre at Mawson
- Woden Town Centre, 6 minute drive
- Canberra CBD, 15 minute drive
- South.Point Tuggeranong, 11 minute drive
- Bus stop 900m/12 min walk
- Parks and bike/walking trails close by
- Mt Taylor walking trails 15 minute walk
- Walking distance to Sacred Heart Primary and Marist College
- Catchment area for Torrens Primary, Melrose High, Canberra College
Land tax: $4,923
Property Type: House
Block size: 706M2
Car spaces: Double, tandem (one undercover)
The land value history at 8 Givens Street PEARCE, ACT 2607 has the most recent growth rate of 4.95%, giving an unimproved land value of $505,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 8 Givens Street.
8 Givens Street PEARCE, ACT 2607 has 44 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Melrose High.
|0.36 km||Melrose High||Marr Street, Pearce|
|0.36 km||Melrose Guidance and Counselling Service/Melrose HS||Marr Street, Pearce|
|0.36 km||Sacred Heart Primary||Murphy Street, Pearce|
|0.72 km||Marist College Canberra||Marr Street, Pearce|
|0.84 km||Torrens Primary||Ritchie Street, Torrens|
|1.25 km||Mawson Primary||Ainsworth Street, Mawson|
|1.39 km||Canberra Christian School||Ainsworth Street, Mawson|
|2.50 km||Hospital School (The)/Canberra Hospital||Yamba Drive, Garran|
|2.51 km||Taylor Primary||Marconi Crescent, Kambah|
|2.54 km||Arawang Primary||Nemarang Crescent, Waramanga|
8 Givens Street is located within the suburb of Pearce, which has a population of 2,579, a median age of 42 and an average household density of 2.4 people.