* COVID-19 update: We have now confirmed the auction for this property will be conducted via Zoom so you can participate in the safety of your own home. Please contact Andrew Thorpe to register.
Soon after driving into this quiet cul-de-sac in a much sought-after area of Gordon, you are met with a standout home tastefully and carefully rendered in the 'Hamptons style.' Occupying a sizeable 958m2 block, this elevated home presents with stunning views over the Valley to Mount Tenant and the Namadgi National Park and you can't help but begin to feel relaxed as soon as you step into this fully renovated home with neutral painted walls, beautiful Bamboo flooring and an immaculate flowing layout.
Perfect for families with kids of all ages, you'll find two separate living areas, including a large carpeted sunken lounge room and adjoining dining space, plus a comfortable family/meals area circling the custom kitchen. Sunlit and spacious, it boasts beautiful bespoke finishes, larger than usual bench space and stainless steel appliances and is set to comfortably host any size family.
A beautiful but practical barn sliding door separates the two back bedrooms with built-in robes from the living space, while the sumptuous main bedroom is isolated with a walk-in robe and a striking ensuite, complete with an above vanity basin and rainfall shower head.
Summertime will be filled with laughter while relaxing on the either the large view-filled sun deck that embraces the enticing solar heated lagoon-style saltwater swimming pool, or under the covered deck which can seat up to 15 people for that large family Christmas or special occasion. A hidden top grass area is also large enough to keep the family dog happy. With direct access from the end of the street onto Mt Stranger reserve, disconnecting from reality has also never been easier.
Complete with a double garage, large renovated laundry, landscaped gardens, ducted heating, evaporative cooling and more, it's an upgrade in space, style and luxury within walking distance of transport and moments from the Murrumbidgee River, Point Hut Pond, Lanyon Market Place, Tuggeranong Town Centre, reputable schools, and major arterial roads.
Why this home is solely for you:
* Immaculately presented and sun-filled three bedroom, two bathroom sensation with relaxed poolside entertaining on a large 958 sqm (approx.) block
* Positioned in a minimal traffic flow court, in a coveted setting, this elevated block has breathtaking views, and the picturesque Bicentennial National Trail just at the end of the street is perfect for early morning walks or mountain bike rides
* Modern rendered façade
* Front established garden enhanced by a delightful mix of synthetic turf and mature plants and a tranquil water feature
* Bird's eye view over Gordon to Conder, Banks and the stunning mountains from its extensive front deck
* Thoughtful renovated internal flair matched by a flexible floorplan ensures you can to close off each area of the house so that entertaining can continue even after children or guests have retired to bed
* Beautiful blend of Bamboo and carpet flooring
* Quality window furnishings, including blockout and privacy blinds
* The sunken lounge and dining room off the entry have a formal edge and will be a delightful space to host dinner parties and entertain friends
* More casual family and meals zone adjacent
* The stunning kitchen offers a clean-lined, effective design with an Electrolux five-burner gas cooktop, an Electrolux 900mm electric oven, a SMEG dishwasher, and presents with 40mm Caesarstone benchtops, an island bench with breakfast bar, abundant cupboards and drawers, a walk-in pantry, a large refrigerator provision, an under-bench sink and a pull-down sink mixer
* Large segregated master bedroom features a walk-in-wardrobe and an elegant renovated ensuite with floor-to-ceiling tiles, a floating vanity with an above bench basin and a spacious shower with a rain shower-head and a hand held hose
* Bedrooms two and three sit at the back of the home in a wing that can be closed off with a gorgeous barn style sliding door, and are directly across from the family bathroom
* Large sumptuous main bathroom complements the styling of the ensuite and features floor-to-ceiling tiling, a large shower with a rain shower-head and a hand held hose, a deep free-standing bath, and heated towel rail
* Practical and efficient laundry with timber bench, storage and external access
* Year round comfort is maintained by ducted gas heating and evaporative cooling
* Continuous flow gas hot water system
* Stacker doors with 'hidden' retractable flyscreens create a seamless flow between the interior and the sumptuous alfresco and establish opportunities for summer breezes to flow without having to be subjected to waves of insects
* Separate decked areas (including a Colorbond covered upper deck) provide a stage for summertime BBQs
* Solar heated in-ground swimming pool (so you can keep swimming well into May)
* Pool equipment, including new solar panels for pool comfort
* The gorgeous tiered gardens also feature an upper grassed area, and established plants sitting in the rock garden
* Vehicle accommodation is extremely generous with a remote controlled double garage with additional storage space
* Ample off-street parking in the driveway and a crushed granite parking area to the front of the home
* Close proximity to Mt Stranger reserve, The Murrumbidgee River, Point Hut Pond, Lanyon Market Place, Tuggeranong Town Centre, reputable schools, and major arterial roads
* House size (approximately): Residence - 140.11m2; Garage - 48.45m2; Total - 188.56m2
The House at 8 Dempsey Place GORDON, ACT 2906 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $626,000 on 31 October 2018.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
8 Dempsey Place GORDON, ACT 2906 has 22 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Covenant Christian School.
|0.82 km||Covenant Christian School||Woodcock Drive, Gordon|
|1.10 km||Bonython Primary||Hurtle Avenue, Bonython|
|1.59 km||Isabella Plains Early Childhood School||Ellerston Avenue, Isabella Plains|
|1.60 km||Gordon Primary||Knoke Avenue, Gordon|
|2.14 km||St Mary MacKillop College - Isabella Plains Campus||Ellerston Avenue, Isabella Plains|
|2.23 km||St Clare of Assisi Primary||Heidelberg Street, Conder|
|2.38 km||Lanyon High||Heidelberg Street, Conder|
|2.48 km||Calwell Primary||Casey Crescent, Calwell|
|2.97 km||Charles Conder Primary||Tom Roberts Avenue, Conder|
|3.05 km||Monash Primary||Corlette Crescent, Monash|
8 Dempsey Place is located within the suburb of Gordon, which has a population of 7,611, a median age of 36 and an average household density of 2.7 people.