1 / 26
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Your health and safety are paramount, consequently inspections are By Appointment only.
This amazing landmark, historic property has been beautifully and sympathetically renovated, is situated adjacent to the main street and is set in 1242m2 of cottage garden. The property offers an elegant and sophisticated residence of 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. Features include high ceilings, solid timber floors, fireplaces, wide skirtings, double brick construction, original doors and windows and a large ballroom. You will feel you have stepped back to a more elegant time, yet all modern conveniences are at your disposal.
Currently operating as a highly profitable Bed and Breakfast venue, The Globe Inn (circa 1847) is an impressive Georgian residence located in the heart of the thriving township of Yass.
This top-rated B & B has an excellent reputation, a strong turnover and is offered as a walk-in walk-out opportunity.
The bedrooms include a private residence for the owners, complete with kitchen and bathroom, when the rest of the house is operating as a Bed and Breakfast.
Guest areas include:
- upstairs guest accommodation comprising one two-bedroom suite and three bedrooms all with private en-suites and ducted heating
- one downstairs rustic Garden Room with stone floor, ceiling shingles, spa bath and slow-combustion wood fire
- lounge, dining and breakfast rooms with polished floorboards and feature fireplaces
- large upstairs ballroom with a stunning vaulted ceiling opening onto a spacious north facing veranda
- main bathroom with cast iron claw foot bath and fireplace
- cottage style rear garden with established ornamentals and fruit trees, off-street parking and original stables
Owners/managers private two-bedroom residence:
- modern open plan kitchen with induction cooktop, Ilve electric double-oven and gas cooktop, dishwasher and fireplace
- open plan dining room off kitchen and separate cosy lounge room with fireplace and timber floors
- bathroom and separate laundry
- large clean and dry cellar ideal for storage
Yass is an historic town only 45 minutes from Canberra, less than 3 hours from Sydney and is surrounded by country vistas and vineyards. It is situated at the convergence of the Hume Highway, Barton Highway, the Lachlan Valley Way and Burley Griffin Way ensuring plenty of passing traffic. With the growing tourism trade in the region due to numerous wineries with cellar-door sales (many providing food), cafes, galleries, the exceptional and friendly wine bar, Yazzbar, and the award-winning, hatted Clementine Restaurant just around the corner, the unique, high-quality accommodation experience provided by The Globe Inn is always in high demand.
This is a wonderful lifestyle and business opportunity for those seeking a tree change to an already successful venture with potential for further development.
The Globe Inn must be seen to be appreciated. Call.Me.Now.
The House at 70 Rossi Street YASS, NSW 2582 has been sold 2 times before, with the most recent sale being for $1,175,000 on 3 July 2020.
70 Rossi Street YASS, NSW 2582 has 4 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Mt Carmel School.
70 Rossi Street is located within the suburb of Yass, which has a population of 6,506, a median age of 41 and an average household density of 2.5 people.