In an idyllic location overlooking the waters of Franklin Pond and nature reserve, this contemporary, separate title terrace house is walking distance to light rail for a smooth trip into the Marketplace or the City centre!
The attractive façade is complemented by native gardens, and the covered front sitting area takes advantage of the lovely outlook.
Generous open plan living offers a sense of continuity with the outdoors, full length windows taking in water views to the front, while a sliding door opens onto the sunny, rear entertaining area overlooking the garden. Dual, sheer and block out blinds with a pelmet furnish the front windows.
Ducted gas heating and a reverse cycle air conditioner on each level ensure comfort.
The spacious modern kitchen features an island bench, gas cooktop, stainless steel oven, a Bosch stainless steel dishwasher and two pantries.
Adjacent, the laundry includes a w/c and a door to the rear deck.
The fantastic large entertaining deck is sheltered by a pitched roof pergola with an electric heater and shade blinds, a private outdoor space overlooking a bountiful grapefruit tree and other thriving citrus, including a Meyer lemon, orange, lime and an olive tree. A relaxing spa is a focal point!
On the carpeted upper level, the generous master bedroom has a northerly aspect, a wall of built-in robes and a reverse cycle air conditioner.
Second and third bedrooms both feature built-in robes and doors onto an elevated deck, which maximises the enjoyment of the peaceful views over the pond to the ranges, and a glimpse of Black Mountain tower.
An 8 panel, 1.5 kW solar system saves energy and costs.
The brick garage is fitted with an auto door and ceiling insulation, while alongside is a secure parking space, with an auto roller door, both sheltering the rear garden.
Attractive timber beds feature through the paved, low maintenance garden, designed for a relaxed lifestyle. There are two large veggie beds, while others host the established citrus and olive trees.
Cycle/walking paths directly in front of the home wind around the ponds and wetland nature reserves through the suburb. Walk or cycle to Franklin shops and numerous local schools.
Very few locations in the urban environment can offer this connection with nature, in the serene views over pond and reserve, and yet be only a minute's drive to GDE or a short tram ride into all the facilities of Gungahlin Marketplace, the Farmers' Market at Epic, Dickson shops and the City centre!
- Separate title, contemporary terrace house in a prime location directly opposite pond and reserve
- Peaceful location is only a minute's drive to GDE and a walk to tram stops, shops and school
- Good street appeal with bagged finish on brickwork and established native front garden
- Under cover front sitting area takes advantage of tranquil views over Franklin pond
- Spacious open plan living area enjoys scenic outlook to pond, and to rear entertaining and garden
- Front windows to living area furnished with dual sheer and block-out blinds, with pelmets
- Well presented with neutral white decor
- Modern kitchen features an island bench, stainless steel oven, gas cooktop, Bosch dishwasher and two pantries
- Adjacent laundry has a w/c and an external door
- Sliding glass door from living area opens onto an expansive timber deck with views over garden
- Pitched roof pergola with electric heater and shade blinds, and portable kitchen cabinets
- Relaxing spa – selling as inspected. Please discuss with the Agent
- Mains pressure gas outlet to this area
- Generous master bedroom offers a wall of built-in robes and a reverse cycle air conditioner
- Second and third bedrooms have built-in robes and a door to elevated deck with calming water views
- Upper level bathroom offers a bath with shower
- 1.5 kW, 8 panel solar system
- Ducted gas heating, and reverse cycle air conditioning units to living area and master
- Fibre to the premises internet capability
- Rinnai instantaneous hot water
- Low maintenance paved rear garden with two large timber veggie beds, two for citrus and olive
- Fruitful and decorative grapefruit, lemon, orange and lime trees
- Brick garage with auto door and ceiling insulation, and adjacent car space secured with auto door
- Light rail stops to Marketplace, Farmers' Market at Epic, Dickson hub and City centre
- Cycling/walking trails directly opposite wind around pond and through wetland greenbelts
The Terrace at 67 Donald Horne Circuit FRANKLIN, ACT 2913 has been sold 2 times before, with the most recent sale being for $435,000 on 11 April 2014.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
67 Donald Horne Circuit FRANKLIN, ACT 2913 has 19 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Franklin Early Childhood School.
|0.69 km||Franklin Early Childhood School||Oodgeroo Avenue, Franklin|
|1.49 km||Palmerston District Primary||Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston|
|1.49 km||Gungahlin Primary Introductory English Centre (at Palmerston District Primary School)||Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston|
|1.68 km||Harrison School||Nullabor Avenue, Harrison|
|1.98 km||Burgmann Anglican School - Valley Campus||Cnr Gungahlin Drive & The Valley Avenue, Gungahlin|
|2.05 km||Gungahlin College||Gozzard Street, Gungahlin|
|3.01 km||Kaleen Primary||Ashburton Circuit, Kaleen|
|3.17 km||St Michael's Primary||Tyrell Circuit, Kaleen|
|3.83 km||Giralang Primary||Canopus Crescent, Giralang|
|3.87 km||University of Canberra High School - Kaleen||Baldwin Drive, Kaleen|
67 Donald Horne Circuit is located within the suburb of Franklin, which has a population of 6,419, a median age of 30 and an average household density of 2.8 people.