1 / 28
Next Inspection -
In a prime location at the end of a leafy cul-de-sac, backing the 6th hole of Gold Creek golf course, this craftsman built home presents a distinctive façade, complemented by lush, professionally designed gardens which encircle the home. A mature Japanese flowering cherry tree is a centrepiece of the gorgeous front garden, featuring vibrant autumn tones of Chinese dogwood trees and neat English box hedging.
Originally constructed for his own family by renowned builder John Sayers, the home itself stands out for its unique design, in which generous formal and casual living areas flow in a continuous circle around the central hub of the kitchen, full length windows right around giving a feeling of continuity with the gardens and golf course beyond.
Overlooking the private front garden with camellias in stunning shades of pink, the elegant formal lounge enjoys the south aspect and is furnished with quality drapes and neutral carpet, which continue into the spacious dining area. Design highlights here include a high raked ceiling and the curved wall of glass taking in the view over the undulating green.
The flow of living areas continues into the light filled rumpus which seems to be embraced by the garden on all sides, the five windows furnished with attractive timber venetians, and the cathedral ceiling with downlighting enhancing space and light. A sliding door opens onto one of the two paved entertaining areas on opposite sides of the home sheltered by shade sails, this one featuring a fish pond and enjoying the tranquil view to the golf course.
Showcasing a granite island bench in contemporary grey, the spacious kitchen is well equipped with a gas cooktop, stainless steel pyrolytic oven, microwave, a double drawer dishwasher, plumbed-in fridge and walk-in pantry. Ducted gas heating and reverse cycle air conditioners to dining and family rooms ensure comfort on the ground level, and there is an impressive solar array of thirty panels.
A sliding door from the family room opens onto the expansive, private paved entertaining area on the north side, sheltered by three shade sails, featuring an inviting Jacuzi and bubbling spa, perfect to relax and warm up over the cooler months.
A lift is an effortless way to the upper level if desired. Light, airy and spacious, the master bedroom is a standout and overlooks treetops and garden. It features a walk-in robe, fan and ensuite. There is a sitting area and ducted reverse cycle air conditioning on this level.
Adjacent to the lift on the upper level are two open plan study areas and main bathroom with spa. Second and third bedrooms offer built-in robes and views. On the lower level the fourth bedroom or study has built-in shelving with an ensuite style bathroom adjacent.
The triple garage is fitted with double and single auto panel lift doors (auctomatic to the double and manual to the single), a rear roller door and shelving on both sides.
Designed by Dianne Firth, the exquisite gardens are a delight to explore and relax in, the neat lawns bordered by Japanese maples, silver birch, Chinese pistachio, camellias, azaleas and more.
The superb location is only a short walk to an IGA and schools, and a short drive to Casey Marketplace and Gungahlin town centre!
- Impressive, craftsman built home has sweeping circular design of generous formal and casual living
- Five living areas, five bedrooms, three bathrooms, including two ensuites and one study area
- Built by John Sayers for his own family, then purchased and occupied by present owners since new
- Superb location backing 6th hole of Gold Creek golf course, at the end of a leafy cul-de-sac
- Home encircled by richly planted gardens, professionally designed by Dianne Firth
- Full length windows to all living areas create a sense of continuity with gardens and golf course
- Curved wall of glass in formal dining a striking feature with views over undulating golfing green
- High raked ceiling to dining and quality drapes and neutral carpet to formal living areas
- Rumpus full of light, five windows with timber venetians overlooking gardens and golf course
- Rumpus opens onto large paved entertaining area with fish pond, sheltered by shade sails
- Grey granite island bench showcased in well equipped kitchen, featuring a stainless steel pyrolytic oven, gas cooktop, microwave, a double drawer dishwasher, plumbed-in fridge, a walk-in pantry and generous storage
- Ducted gas heating on lower level and reverse cycle air conditioners in dining and family rooms
- Solar array of thirty panels
- Family room opens onto a second expansive private entertaining area, under shelter of three shade sails, featuring a built-in gas barbeque and a Jacuzzi with spa
- Lift or stairway to upper level, offering a sitting area and two open plan study areas adjacent to lift
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning on upper level
- Light and airy luxurious master suite offers a walk-in robe, ceiling fan and ensuite with double shower and separate bidet toilet suite
- Main bathroom has a spa and shower, external vanity and separate bidet toilet suite
- Second and third bedrooms feature built-in robes and views
- Fourth bedroom or study on lower level has built-in shelving and adjacent ensuite style bathroom
- Rinnai instantaneous hot water
- Triple garage with shelving on both sides, double and single auto doors and a rear roller door
- Security system and ducted vacuum
- Exquisite gardens follow a circular design around the home, with turf bordered by feathery Japanese maples, silver birch, Chinese pistachio, lush camellias, azaleas and more, all fully irrigated, including an irrigation system to all pots, and a Rudi Jass fountain
- Lower Residence: 184.10m2
- Upper Residence: 137.80m2
- Garage: 63.90m2
- Total: 385.80m2
- Block: 1045m2
- Construction: 1999
There is currently no sale history available for 6 Ryder Place.
6 Ryder Place NICHOLLS, ACT 2913 has 23 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Gold Creek School.
|0.59 km||Gold Creek School||Kelleway Street, Nicholls|
|0.73 km||Holy Spirit Primary||Kelleway Avenue, Nicholls|
|2.24 km||Ngunnawal Primary||Unaipon Crescent, Ngunnawal|
|2.25 km||Burgmann Anglican School - Valley Campus||Cnr Gungahlin Drive & The Valley Avenue, Gungahlin|
|2.29 km||Palmerston District Primary||Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston|
|2.29 km||Gungahlin Primary Introductory English Centre (at Palmerston District Primary School)||Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston|
|2.94 km||Gungahlin College||Gozzard Street, Gungahlin|
|3.06 km||Giralang Primary||Canopus Crescent, Giralang|
|3.11 km||Evatt Primary||Heydon Crescent, Evatt|
|3.14 km||Good Shepherd Primary School||Burdekin Avenue, Amaroo|
6 Ryder Place is located within the suburb of Nicholls, which has a population of 6,865, a median age of 41 and an average household density of 3 people.