Looking for a home that you just want to reach out and touch; something that's tantalisingly different?
Rammed earth and straw bale homes project a creative magic that can't be replicated via the use of brick or cladding veneers. Their thick rampart-like texture-coated walls and curvaceous twists and turns create a unique set of visuals. Also, there have been many studies done that indicate these homes are both eco-friendly and thermally efficient.
On a country block, these rustic homes are literally in their element.
Designed to be aesthetically harmonious and thermally correct, this fabulous home incorporates a swirl of natural materials that lift-up from its polished concrete floors, crossing the 40cm thick walls to finally head up to the timber panelled ceilings. The doors and windows are all double-glazed timber with Blackbutt surrounds, subtly adding a fine touch of the tout naturel of the home.
The spacious open-plan living area includes a fully equipped kitchen with custom milled reclaimed Jarrah benchtops, walk-in pantry and all the mod-cons and is all-country. There's also a meals/dining room area and laid-back lounge area with twin double set doors leading out to the covered rear alfresco area and gardens. For our cooler months there's a solid fuel heater to add cozy warmth and feel to this wonderful and reflect space.
The home's 2 large bedrooms include a segregated master suite with very chic' new ensuite and walk-in robe, plus a large secondary bedroom with enough space for 2 beds or bunks.
In addition to the new ensuite a new family bathroom with separate WC have been added to the home, effectively providing an element of sparkle and new-era practicality. Beautifully appointed the bathroom features floor to ceiling tiles, frameless shower with rain-head and excellent fittings.
The 1.59 acre block is beautiful too! Along with having numerous established trees and shrubs that provide a great element of privacy and shelter its predominantly wire-net boundary fenced for good pet control.
Essentially, this is an engaging, tasteful and delightfully tactile property. In its current form its ideal for a single person, couple or small family group, but it could be extended within is current footprint or via the use of situ-sympathetic building materials.
It's characterful, its inviting and it's fun. Now it can be all yours!
Property Technical Specifications
• Residence: built 2010, 125m2 of residential living area, 2m2 of arrival portico, 30m2 of covered rear alfresco deck, 32m2 of enclosed carport/garage: total area under roof: 189m2/20.3sq approximately
• Residential features:
- rammed earth & straw bale construction
- thermal mass 40cm external walls, 30cm & gyprock internal walls
- covered arrival portico and internal entry foyer
- 2 large bedrooms including a segregated master suite with new ensuite and WiR
- spacious open plan central living area with timber sliding door access to the rear alfresco deck
- fully equipped country-style kitchen with reclaimed Jarrah hardwood benchtops & Wi Pantry
- polished concrete floors throughout the home
- double glazed timber windows set in Blackbutt hardwood window frames
- 2kW solar system
• Climate control: Thermal mass rammed earth & bale construction, north-facing orientation, solid fuel slow combustion heater located in the central living area, distributed ceiling fans
• Garaging: attached enclosed double carport/garage with large storage locker/laundry, ample on block guest parking adjacent to the home
• Hot water: solar with electric booster
• Gardens: established garden beds around the home & driveway, well-established of native screen/privacy trees & shrubs, family fire pit, vegetable/herb gardens, chook house & run, gravelled areas around the home for easy maintenance
• Potable water supply: 2 x 25,000lt above ground poly tanks harvesting from the home's roofline - triple water filter system that filters water prior to household use
• Non-potable water supply: Carrington Park Estate community title bore water plumbed into a header tank for onward garden use - 300,000lt allocation per property per annum
• Sewerage: 5,0000lt A & A Wormfarm Waste Systems
• Block: 1.59acres/6,388m2 of level to mildly falling land, mostly enveloped by owner established mature evergreen boundary screening/privacy plantings of shrubs & small trees, mostly wire net boundary fences for good pet control, second front entry gate for larger vehicles or future shed access
• Council zoning & rates: Yass Valley Council $1,710.39pa. zones R5 (large lot residential)
• Carrington Park Estate community title fees: $525pa approx.