1 / 27
Situated amidst private gardens on a block of approximately 792 m² in a leafy street, just metres from Gang Gang café and a stroll to the Dickson centre, this privately built home offers generous proportions throughout.
It enjoys a northerly orientation to living areas, master bedroom and the fantastic front entertaining deck.
The wide entry leads into the generous and elegant formal lounge, featuring plantation shutters, decorative cornice, a gas heater, and full length windows and sliding doors, which connect living areas with the expansive front deck.
Open plan dining and kitchen are spacious and full of light, with garden views from a corner window in the dining room and all around.
An outlet from an air conditioning unit in the dining helps to maintain comfort all through living areas.
The kitchen features a large area of bench space and a Westinghouse electric cooktop and oven.
The adjacent laundry has storage, and both open onto a rear terrace, sheltered by jasmine and a covered pergola with clear Laserlight.
At the front of the home, the spacious master bedroom features wide corner windows framing a private, sunny outlook over the gardens. Other large bedrooms offer built-in robes and the main bathroom features a bath, shower and separate w/c.
Helping to maintain winter warmth, timber pelmets feature throughout the home and interiors have been repainted.
A standout feature of the home, the extensive, wrap around front deck was constructed in recent years, sheltered by a pergola and enclosed with attractive stainless steel yacht wire and a timber top, the perfect spot to place drinks.
Ornamental grape vines bring shade and charm in the summer.
Mature, hardy trees and shrubs enclose gardens all around the block, creating private 'garden rooms' to the front, side and rear of the home, while the back and side yards are enclosed, which make them perfect for children and pets to play.
There is a garage with storage area at the back and ample off street parking on the driveway.
The enviable, peaceful location could not be more convenient. It is just a short walk to coffee at the Gang Gang café, the oval with terrific kids playground, and also nearby is the very special community micro forest in the Cole Street park, or venture a little further, across Antill Street, to enjoy the beautiful Dickson wetlands.
All the facilities of the Dickson hub, light rail and the swimming pool are also nearby!
Many sought after schools are also within walking and cycling distance.
A sense of space and charm characterises this solidly built and well maintained home, now ripe for creative input from its new owners, with fabulous, new entertaining areas, inviting summer entertaining and relaxation!
- Spacious, mid-century, solidly built private home, set amidst private gardens on three sides
- Peaceful, central location, just metres to Downer shops and short walk to Dickson and tram
- Block size of approx. 792 m²
- Northerly aspect to living areas, entertaining deck and master bedroom
- Spacious, elegant lounge features plantation shutters, gas heater and decorative cornices
- Double sliding doors from lounge connect living areas with expansive front deck
- Light filled open plan dining/kitchen has large windows framing garden views
- Kitchen features a good area of bench top and a Westinghouse electric cooktop and oven
- Air conditioning outlet in dining area maintains comfort through living areas
- Doors from kitchen and laundry open onto a rear terrace covered with clear Laserlight
- Generous master bedroom has wide corner windows framing private garden outlook
- Built-in robes in other spacious bedrooms
- Pelmets to all windows throughout the home, including laundry, bathroom and w/c
- Bathroom has a bath, shower and a separate w/c
- Dux instantaneous hot water
- Wrap around front deck with a pergola, enclosed with attractive stainless steel wire and timber top
- Modern security screens to sliding doors from lounge and front door
- Mature, easy care gardens enclose areas of lawn to the front, side and rear of the house
- Garage and plenty of off street parking on driveway
- Walking distance to many sought after schools
- Only metres to Gang Gang café and Downer oval
- Short walk to shops and restaurants, superb Dickson swimming pool and light rail
Rates: $4,082.17pa (approx.)
UV: $649,000 (approx.)
There is currently no sale history available for 6 Cadell Street.
6 Cadell Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has 28 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Dickson College.
|0.68 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.68 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.75 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
|0.75 km||Alternative Education Program/Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.88 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|0.99 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|0.99 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.10 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
|1.14 km||Majura Primary||Knox Street, Watson|
|1.52 km||Blue Gum Community School||Maitland Street, Hackett|
6 Cadell Street is located within the suburb of Downer, which has a population of 3,662, a median age of 35 and an average household density of 2.5 people.