1 / 30
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Offered for the first time in 50 years, 53 Mackellar Crescent is perfect for the renovator, restorer, or family looking for that ideal tree change!
Sitting on a large, private block and set back from the street, this five bedroom, two bathroom family home offers endless possibilities. Other than the superb location, gorgeous views and utmost privacy, you'll also find 253sqm of living space over two levels, plus an oversized double garage with internal access, four car carport and an abundance of storage options.
In its original condition, on the upper level sits three bedrooms, one bathroom, main kitchen and generous living areas, opening to a large covered balcony at the rear, perfect to enjoy the views of Aranda Bushland Nature Reserve, Black Mountain, Lake Burley Griffin and the Canberra City.
On the lower level, there are two additional bedrooms, both with separate external access, a bathroom, powder room and kitchenette, which could easily be used as a teenagers retreat, self contained studio or even home office. Perfect for the growing family who wants room to move, this residence really has the potential to cater for all.
And the location is unbeatable, with easy access to all of North Canberra's major facilities, including popular schools, Jamison Plaza, Belconnen Town Centre, universities and only minutes to the City Centre.
Here is your chance to experience the best of Australia's Bush Capital! Don't miss this rare opportunity and inspect today!
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON SATURDAY 20TH MARCH, ON SITE AT 2.30PM
- Large family home in tightly held suburb, backing reserve
- Solid double brick construction over two levels
- Original 1970's condition
- Five bedrooms, three upstairs and two on the lower level
- Two bathrooms plus powder room
- Functional kitchen with electric cooktop, wall oven and dishwasher
- Large living areas and balcony overlooking nature reserve
- Versatile floor plan including kitchenette on lower level, possible self contained studio
- Reverse cycle heating and cooling systems
- Oversized double garage with internal access plus a carport for four
- An abundance of built in storage throughout the home
- Plenty of off-street parking for trailer, boat or caravan
- Low maintenance gardens with established trees
- Fully fenced rear yard for children and pets
Outgoings and property information:
Living size: 253m2
Garage size: 58m2
Rates: $5,050 p.a
Land tax (if rented): $8,142 p.a
Year built: 1970
The land value history at 53 Mackellar Crescent COOK, ACT 2614 has the most recent growth rate of 3.08%, giving an unimproved land value of $780,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 53 Mackellar Crescent.
53 Mackellar Crescent COOK, ACT 2614 has 16 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being St Vincent's Primary.
|1.32 km||St Vincent's Primary||Bindel Street, Aranda|
|1.39 km||Aranda Primary||Banambila Crescent, Aranda|
|1.64 km||Canberra High||Bindubi Street, Macquarie|
|1.97 km||Macquarie Primary||Bennelong Crescent, Macquarie|
|2.57 km||Weetangera Primary||Southwell Street, Weetangera|
|3.00 km||University of Canberra - Senior Secondary College Lake Ginninderra||Emu Bank, Belconnen|
|3.01 km||Radford College||College Street, Bruce|
|3.47 km||Belconnen High||Murranji Street, Hawker|
|3.63 km||Hawker Primary||Erldunda Cicuit, Hawker|
|3.78 km||St Matthew's Primary||Stutchbury Street, Page|
53 Mackellar Crescent is located within the suburb of Cook, which has a population of 2,805, a median age of 42 and an average household density of 2.3 people.