Looking for a spacious, sunny apartment with north-facing views from the balcony? Look no further! Located on Level Four of the architecturally designed Governor Place complex, you'll discover this light and bright two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with modern kitchen, generous open-plan living space and access to the balcony from both the living areas and master bedroom. With glimpses of Black Mountain and Telstra Tower, you're right in the heart of Barton, one of Canberra's oldest and most well-regarded suburbs. Just a short commute to the Parliamentary Triangle, Kingston Foreshore and iconic cultural institutions and a short walk to Government departments, restaurants and cafés, you can leave the car at home and enjoy the amenity provided in this fantastic location. The apartment is offered with two car spaces in the basement carpark, along with a handy storage cage.
• North-facing, two-bedroom, single-level apartment in the heart of Barton with two-bathrooms, plus two tandem style car bays located in Governor Place
• Secure entry into complex with audio monitor
• Direct tiled entry into open plan living/dining/kitchen
• Kitchen is modern with stone bench tops, single sink, AEG appliances including dishwasher, built-in microwave, induction cooktop, electric oven and range-hood, soft-close drawers, gloss timber veneer cabinetry and pantry. Also houses a European style laundry with sink, storage and dryer
• Open-plan living area has high ceilings, carpet, privacy blinds and double-glazed sliding glass door to tiled north-facing balcony. Balcony has lighting and power and north-facing view of Black Mountain and Telstra Tower
• Master bedroom also has carpet, block-out blind, double-glazed sliding glass door to balcony, built-in wardrobe with one mirrored panel and ensuite
• Ensuite features floor to ceiling tiles, generous shower recess, toilet, vanity with storage and mirrored cabinet with storage
• Bedroom two also has built-in wardrobe with one mirrored panel, carpet and louvered panels to allow light
• Main bathroom has floor to ceiling tiles, generous shower recess, vanity with storage and mirrored cabinet with storage
• Ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Tandem style parking bays x 2 in basement car park with storage cage
• Short walk to local shops, public transport
• Close to parks and some of Canberra's most sought-after local schools
• Easy commute to the Parliamentary Triangle, Kingston Foreshore, Fyshwick Markets, Manuka Oval and Manuka Village Shopping Centre, City Centre and Canberra Airport
• Located close to National institutions such as Parliament House, National Library of Australia, National Gallery of Australia and National Portrait Gallery, Commonwealth Government agencies and departments within walking distance, including Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, the Australian Federal Police headquarters and the Attorney General's Department.
Built: Stage three built in 2018
Apartment Size: 71m2 Balcony: 9m2
Developer: Doma Group and designed by Stewart Architecture
Potential Rent: $650 - $700 per week
Strata Fees: $869 p.q. (approx.)
Rates: $484 p.q
The Apartment at 50/44 Macquarie Street BARTON, ACT 2600 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $499,900 on 21 February 2018.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
50/44 Macquarie Street BARTON, ACT 2600 has 27 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Telopea Park School.
|0.76 km||Telopea Park School||New South Wales Crescent, Barton|
|1.25 km||Forrest Primary||National Circuit, Forrest|
|1.92 km||St Edmund's College||Canberra Avenue, Griffith|
|2.17 km||St Clare's College||McMillan Crescent, Griffith|
|2.23 km||Canberra Girls Grammar School||Melbourne Avenue, Deakin|
|2.36 km||Canberra Girls Grammar School - Junior school campus||Grey Street, Deakin|
|2.62 km||Campbell Primary||Chauvel Street, Campbell|
|2.63 km||Canberra Grammar School - Northside - early childhood campus||Blamey Crescent, Campbell|
|2.79 km||Narrabundah Early Childhood School||Kootara Crescent, Narrabundah|
|2.84 km||Canberra Grammar School||Monaro Crescent, Red Hill|
50/44 Macquarie Street is located within the suburb of Barton, which has a population of 1,439, a median age of 38 and an average household density of 1.8 people.