1 / 28
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Sunlight streams into the huge living areas of this renovated, privately built home, situated in a quiet location just steps from a light rail stop.
The arching branches of an old deciduous tree shelter the garden, complementing the charming façade and the sunny front terrace, protected by a stone feature wall, which offers an inviting outdoor space.
Full length windows take advantage of the perfect north aspect and a glass door opens to reveal the impressive proportions of the open plan living space, the lounge with cathedral ceiling, dining and family room. Striking, Spotted Gum flooring extends through all living areas, which are decorated in neutral white and softly illuminated by LED downlighting, with an eye catching Velux skylight over the spacious family room. Comfort is easily maintained, as all windows in the home are double glazed, there is ceiling insulation under the Colorbond roof, walls in extended areas are insulated, while the original part of the home is double brick.
The impressive new kitchen is equipped with a Smeg induction cooktop, stainless steel oven and convection microwave, a dishwasher and vast array of sleek cupboards and solid oak benchtops.
A sliding door from the kitchen and French doors from the dining area create seamless integration of living space with the enormous, covered rear entertaining deck, making for relaxed entertaining on any scale! This is sheltered by a high pergola which has a light and airy feel, and is covered with insulated layers for seasonal comfort.
The large family room leads to the segregated master bedroom which overlooks the garden and offers a walk-in robe, ceiling fan and ensuite with a skylight.
Sunshine pours into the three bedrooms at the front of the home. All feature high ceilings, enhancing the spacious feel, fans, robes, honeycomb blinds and charcoal carpet. The stylish new bathroom is finished with full height tiling and new laundry with storage. A study has a sliding door to the rear deck.
Manchurian pear trees are a decorative feature at one end of the deck while gardens are low maintenance and include an extensive area of raised veggie beds, as well as olive trees. In the front garden a number of fruiting apricot and cherry trees add to the display of spring blossom. There is a wide carport on one side of the home.
The tree lined street is peaceful and it is only a short walk to Gang Gang cafe with its scenic outlook and to shops and restaurants in Dickson. Sought after schools, parks and ovals, swimming pool and nature walks are all close by.
Just a short stroll away is a light rail stop for a fast trip into the Central Business District!
- Renovated 4 bedroom ensuite home with spacious open plan living areas and a study
- North facing on a block of approximately 694 m2 in a peaceful, attractive street, close to light rail
- Original double brick home extended approx. 10 years ago including a Colorbond roof
- Huge open plan living area comprising lounge, dining, family areas and kitchen
- Smooth integration of living areas and kitchen with enormous covered deck for easy entertaining
- Superb Spotted Gum flooring and LED downlighting extends through all living areas
- Fresh white decor throughout
- All windows and doors are double glazed
- All walls in extended areas of the home have been insulated while original walls are double brick
- Quality Velux skylights installed in kitchen, family room, ensuite and laundry allow view to sky
- Impressive new kitchen features splashback, solid oak benchtops, massive cupboard space
- Quality kitchen appliances: Smeg induction cooktop, stainless steel pyrolytic oven, microwave/oven
- Air conditioners in lounge and dining areas
- Ceiling fans in lounge, dining, family room and all four bedrooms and study
- Segregated master bedroom offers a walk-in robe and ensuite
- New main bathroom and laundry
- Solar hot water and Rinnai instantaneous hot water
- Walking distance to Downer cafe, Dickson centre, schools, pool, ovals, parks and nature trails
UV : $ 540,000 (approximately)
Rates : $ 3,507.00 (approximately)
The land value history at 49 Atherton Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has the most recent growth rate of 4.42%, giving an unimproved land value of $540,000.
The House at 49 Atherton Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $1,130,000 on 22 August 2020.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
49 Atherton Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has 29 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Brindabella Christian College - Lyneham Campus.
|1.04 km||Brindabella Christian College - Lyneham Campus||Brigalow Street, Lyneham|
|1.08 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
|1.12 km||Lyneham High||Goodwin Street, Lyneham|
|1.17 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|1.40 km||Lyneham Primary||Hall Street, Lyneham|
|1.43 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.43 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.54 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.54 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.61 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
49 Atherton Street is located within the suburb of Downer, which has a population of 3,662, a median age of 35 and an average household density of 2.5 people.