1 / 37
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
'Mayfield' offers a rare opportunity to purchase your own farming enterprise, a productive up and running cattle and sheep property consisting of 292.5 acres (117.28 ha ) approx. of fertile soils, situated in the picturesque area of Jerrabatulla, only 40 minutes (approx.) from historic Braidwood. This property has a carrying capacity of 100 head (cow & calf units). The property has numerous spring fed dams and a spring fed waterway running through the property.
THE HOMESTEAD: The north facing homestead features the original Mayfield cottage from 1897 with a modern homestead connected with wrap around verandah offering views from all windows. Featuring generous family room opening onto a large deck with fully lockable spa area. The cottage features a lounge room and bunk room, the main house features two good sized bedrooms with built ins.
THE LAND is divided into 13 paddocks with excellent fencing and lane way for ease of stock movement down to the full set of cattle and sheep yards. Multiple paddocks have been sown with a mix of summer, winter seeds and legumes including cocksfoot/Phalaris /Microlaena /sub clover /white clover and Balansa clover /Fescue/ Rye grass and native grasses. The front 100 acres was fertilized last year and the rest was supered 2 years ago and limed 5 years ago.
SHEDS AND FARM INFRASTRUCTURE:
- 13 fully fenced paddocks, 1x electric weaner paddock
- 1x 12x12 - 6m high lockable shed on slab with 3 bays and power
- Double garage with power
- 6x10 Double door shed with power
- 9 Bay approx. open shed
- Mostly steel cattle yards with 6 pens with race, covered vet crush, loading ramp, trough and sheep race.
- 18 Dams, some spring fed and a spring fed waterway running through the property
- 3x 25,000L approx. water tanks.
- Fully fenced property with excellent fencing
- Air strip paddock for light air craft
- Mix of open fertile country with large shelter trees and small patch of bush
- Previous crops of oats and crops of rye corn in past years
- Two self-contained cabins, currently rented out at $165 pn offers extra income or room for the extended family. The cabins are off the grid with own BBQ area.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
4G Telstra service, gas hot water and gas cooking, septic tank with trenches, satellite internet, 2x combustion fireplaces, mains power on homestead and shedding
Zoning: RU 1
There is currently no sale history available for 467 Kain Cross Road.
467 Kain Cross Road is located within the suburb of Braidwood, which has a population of 1,651, a median age of 46 and an average household density of 2.3 people.