1 / 37
Next Inspection -
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
Backing parkland and positioned in a blue-chip location on a large parcel of land of 1023m2, this distinctive 6-bedroom residence has had stylish upgrades and extensions for versatile family living and entertaining whilst retaining its classic features.
Defined by its flexible floorplan and its bright north-easterly aspect to living areas, this gorgeous home of exceptional proportions, streaming with natural light, is further enhanced by the ambience created through the mature and private gardens.
The main entry opens to reveal a large living room with beautiful parquet flooring with glass doors opening out to the covered entertaining deck overlooking the substantial garden.
Steps to the left of the main entry lead up to a new, open-plan kitchen overlooking the family and dining area. Two bedrooms, including the alternate master bedroom with a parents' retreat/study, new two-way bathroom, and a walk-in linen cupboard are also located at this level.
Located on Level 2 (rear) is a huge fourth bedroom with an adjacent new bathroom while on Level 2 (front) is the second master bedroom with a study/parents retreat and a walk-in-robe. This bedroom has been previously used and wired as a media room. Bedrooms five and six are at the rear of the home and form part of the separate flat, with its own kitchen, living and dining room, large bathroom, and private access. The flat opens out to the beautiful outdoor entertaining area and spacious garden. The home has been recently painted and features a blend of natural timbers including parquetry flooring as well as a myriad of traditional touches, lending an enchanting old-world charm. Set in iconic Griffith, just a short walk across parkland to Canberra Grammar School, and the boutique precincts of Manuka and Kingston, this Inner South treasure is ideal for a large or extended family, including elderly parents who can have a two-fold benefit by living with their family but still enjoying their own privacy and independence. A gem not to be missed.
• Located in one of the Inner South's most highly sought-after streets
• Backing parkland
• Views from upper level
• Positioned on a large block of 1023sqm
• Living space: 302.85m2
• Upper Residence: 81.12m2
• Lower Residence: 134.43m2
• Granny Flat: 87.30m2
• Light-filled home
• Very private and secluded garden
• Attached self-contained flat consisting of:
open plan living and dining room
bathroom and laundry
brand new carpet
brand new kitchen flooring
• Integrated indoor/outdoor living spaces
• Freshly painted
• New, spacious kitchen with island bench, stone benchtops, Bosch gas
cooktop and electric oven and abundance of storage space, located in
main part of the home
• New bathrooms located in main part of the home
• Six bedrooms, all with robes, located in three separate wings
• Master bedroom in level one features parents' retreat/study with a new
two-way bathroom, and robe
• Master bedroom (2) /media room on top level features large bedroom with
parents' retreat/study, and a walk-in-robe
• This room was extensively wired and was used as a media room
• Formal lounge, with parquetry flooring, leading out to the private, mature
• Large formal sitting and dining room
• Spacious open-plan family and dining area
• Year-round entertaining is inevitable with the massive, covered deck
complete with an outdoor kitchen and expansive mature, private garden
• Seven wall mounted reverse-cycle heating and cooling
• Garden shed/storage
• The changing leaves of the gorgeous canopy of Spanish oak trees make
Jansz Crescent one of the Canberra's most beautiful streetscapes
• A unique property located in arguably the best street in Griffith
• Close to quality private and public schools, Parliamentary Triangle, Manuka
and Kingston shopping precincts and Federal Golf Club
• Ideal for a large or extended family with the downstairs fully self-contained
flat being perfectly suited to a home business, elderly parents, teenager's
retreat, or guest accommodation
The land value history at 42 Jansz Crescent GRIFFITH, ACT 2603 has the most recent growth rate of 2.60%, giving an unimproved land value of $1,038,000.
The House at 42 Jansz Crescent GRIFFITH, ACT 2603 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $1,230,000 on 29 September 2015.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
42 Jansz Crescent GRIFFITH, ACT 2603 has 29 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Canberra Grammar School - Junior school campus.
|0.53 km||Canberra Grammar School - Junior school campus||Alexander Street, Red Hill|
|0.53 km||Canberra Grammar School - Southside - early childhood campus||Alexander Street, Red Hill|
|0.54 km||Canberra Grammar School||Monaro Crescent, Red Hill|
|0.81 km||St Bede's Primary||Nuyts Street, Red Hill|
|0.92 km||Red Hill Primary||Astrolabe Street, Red Hill|
|1.59 km||St Edmund's College||Canberra Avenue, Griffith|
|1.60 km||Narrabundah College||Jerrabomberra Avenue, Narrabundah|
|1.63 km||St Benedict's Primary||Tallara Parkway, Narrabundah|
|1.78 km||St Clare's College||McMillan Crescent, Griffith|
|1.85 km||Narrabundah Early Childhood School||Kootara Crescent, Narrabundah|
42 Jansz Crescent is located within the suburb of Griffith, which has a population of 4,575, a median age of 40 and an average household density of 2.1 people.