Situated in a peaceful location on a generous block of approximately 791 m2, just a stroll from the Dickson hub, this extended, privately built home has been renovated to deliver style and comfort. It presents a sunny north aspect with street appeal and the garden is sheltered by mature trees. The home also offers the fabulous bonus of two comfortable studios!
A private, secure front courtyard provides entry to the home, giving access to both lounge and casual living. A sliding glass door opens to the spacious lounge extension, bathed in sunlight. A cosy slow combustion fireplace sits at the centre, while a reverse cycle air conditioner ensures year-round comfort. Stunning, newly polished hardwood flooring is a standout feature, as it is through much of the home, complementing the fresh, neutral decor throughout.
The large modern kitchen is the heart of the informal living area and offers a generous benchtop with a breakfast bar, a Bosch electric cooktop, wall oven, a Miele dishwasher, pantry and many cupboards. Beautiful tallowwood parquetry flooring is a feature in the dining area, while a decorative cornice outlines the casual living area. From the dining and family room French doors open onto the front courtyard. These timber-framed doors and windows feature throughout the original part of the home, adding to the charm.
Bedrooms are bright, the hardwood flooring providing a low allergy environment, while the master offers a generous built-in robe and an updated ensuite. The smartly renovated main bathroom features full height tiling, generously sized shower and separate w.c.
The private rear entertaining deck, sheltered by a covered pergola is the perfect place to relax, enjoying the peacefulness of the location. The rear garden includes paved areas for low maintenance and is home to two studios. The larger, north facing, art studio was recently built in 2013. It offers a spacious room with an air conditioner and a sink, a modern accessible bathroom and a second room with storage. It even has a front deck. The original brick garage has been converted to a sunny, insulated and comfortable space.
There is a carport and ample off-street parking, while a large garden shed, two raised veggie beds and a water tank complete the easy maintenance garden.
From this superb location it is just a short walk to the delightful Gang-Gang cafe or to the restaurants and shops in the vibrant Dickson centre. Sought-after schools, ovals and parks, swimming pool and nature walks are all close by, and of course light rail into the Central Business District!
- North facing, updated, privately built home on block of approx. 791 m2 in a peaceful location
- Stunning, newly polished premium hardwood flooring adds patina
- Fresh decor throughout
- Renovated kitchen and bathrooms
- Separate lounge and informal living areas, both opening onto a private, secure front courtyard
- Spacious lounge offers a slow combustion fireplace and a reverse cycle air conditioner
- Modern kitchen features generous bench space, Bosch cooktop, wall oven and Miele dishwasher
- Large contemporary floor tiles in charcoal laid through kitchen and wet areas
- All bedrooms are bright and the master offers an ensuite and built-in robe
- Renovated main bathroom features full height tiling, a large shower and separate w.c
- Underfloor insulation to the residence
- Total of 24 solar panels, 12 on house and 12 on larger studio
- Private rear deck, sheltered by a covered pergola
- Two terrific studios in the rear garden, which includes paved areas
- Larger art studio has a main room with air conditioner and sink; a second room with own bathroom
- Original brick garage has been converted to a second, insulated and lined studio
- Carport and easy-care garden with a large garden shed, a water tank and two raised veggie beds
- Quiet location, short walk to Downer cafe, Dickson centre, many schools, ovals and parks
- Walk to light rail stop for a rapid trip into the Central Business District, Australian National University or Farmers' market
UV $562,000 (approximately)
Rates: $ 3,426.00 (approximately)
The land value history at 42 Cadell Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has has not changed recently, having an unimproved land value of $562,000.
The House at 42 Cadell Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $350,000 on 6 February 2012.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
42 Cadell Street DOWNER, ACT 2602 has 27 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Dickson College.
|0.39 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.39 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.39 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
|0.42 km||Alternative Education Program/Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.96 km||Majura Primary||Knox Street, Watson|
|1.05 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|1.05 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.05 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.18 km||Blue Gum Community School||Maitland Street, Hackett|
|1.33 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
42 Cadell Street is located within the suburb of Downer, which has a population of 3,662, a median age of 35 and an average household density of 2.5 people.