Steeped in history, 'Albury House' and 'Mayfield Mews' boast a proud connection to the Yass Valley as the place where Henry Lawson and Banjo Paterson first discussed politics.
- Sitting comfortably on a 2,232m2* block, this multi income property is situated in the heart of a thriving country village, Bowning, just 2 mins* to the Hume Highway, 12 mins* to Yass and 50 mins* to the Nation's Capital
- Comprising separate buildings on two separate titles - 'Albury House' and 'Mayfield Mews'
- 'Mayfield Mews' consists of two commercial shop fronts boasting 280m2 of floor space with a separate cafe, gift shop and nursery to the rear of the block
- The historic circa 1870 Victorian era Albury House', once owned by Henry Lawson's aunt and famously where Henry Lawson and Banjo Paterson spent time discussing poetry and politics
- Albury House boasts a well established garden, hardwood timber floors in bedrooms and the main living areas, english architecture and four large bedrooms Perfect to relax in after a days work
- The master bedroom has a dual aspect over the garden
- The remaining three bedrooms are all generous in size and are serviced by the main bathroom. There is also a guest bathroom available
- The home has been thoughtfully designed to ensure every square metre is used to its full potential with a family orientated floor plan utilising multiple family rooms and outdoor entertaining areas
- The heart of this home is the large modern kitchen which boasts dishwasher, electric oven and ceramic cooktop, granite bench tops and an abundance of overhead and under bench storage
- The home is kept comfortable year round with two slow combustion fireplaces with the main unit located in the family room, complimented by a stone facade. The home also features air conditioning and ceiling fans for the warmer months
- Natural light floods into the home through large windows
- Surrounding Albury House' is a well established garden featuring a 100 year old Black Genoa Fig, originally planted by Richard Stear in the late 1890's
- Mayfield Mews' consists of two large commercial spaces to the front and a cafe/ nursery to the rear. It is a multi income avenue that could easily incorporate Albury House' as a Bed n' Breakfast opportunity
- The original part of the general store was built in 1837 with the brick facade added circa 1870
- The cafe and gift store are offered on a fully equipped basis
- The Bowning community is also quite active in the region through its CWA and Progress Associations
Beat the global race for more space! Ideally located in the heart of Bowning, 'Albury House' and 'Mayfield Mews' are your chance to secure an opportunity like no other. With multiple income avenues and a property packed with history, this home and commercial venture offers a major lifestyle opportunity. Owners selling due to family and health considerations. All offers prior to the Auction are given serious consideration!
The good news is that we can still show you through this property. We are practising social distancing and will not be shaking hands. We also ask that when looking through you put your hands in your pockets and if you would like to open anything please ask a Ray White staff member to do this for you. We look forward to being able to have a good yarn as you look through.
0429 838 345
Ray White Rural Canberra | Yass
93 Comur Street,
Yass, NSW, 2582
(02) 6226 4400
The Offices at 4 Leake Street BOWNING, NSW 2582 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $250,000 on 25 March 2013.
4 Leake Street is located within the suburb of Bowning, which has a population of 573, a median age of 45 and an average household density of 2.3 people.