1 / 39
Welcome to "The Pavilion" - Unquestionably one of the most immaculate country properties available today & perfectly located in the most sought-after & exclusive pocket in the Upper River region of Kangaroo Valley.
Held in the same family for over 30 years & now offered for sale, not one detail has been missed in the construction of this charming Five Bedroom bespoke residence with its generous living areas, character features, heated pool & accompanied by an additional studio barn with bathroom, a good shed with stables, & all perfectly located on a private & exclusive 30 acre parcel of beautiful rural land.
The Pavilion's Main Wing
- Immaculate 5 Bedroom home clad in Silver Top Gum, bespoke in every sense of the word,
- Architect designed by Alexander Michael and brilliantly extended by Peter Still Constructions in 2009 with no expense spared
- Thoughtful design with over 500m2 of area under roof, three large living areas, hand-crafted truss framework & high vaulted ceilings
- Impressive & extensive kitchen with solid oak centre island, stainless benchtops & an enormous butler's pantry with generous array of gas & electric stainless steel appliances
- Three generous sized bedrooms adjacent to the original bathroom plus a large fourth loft bedroom which could also be used as an optional living area if required
- A total of three bathrooms with heated towel rails & underfloor heating to the ensuite & the 2nd bathroom
- American blonded oak flooring throughout & handmade Italian marble wall tiles to the kitchen, 2 bathrooms & laundry
- Large laundry & mudroom plus an array of cupboard, linen & storage space
- One of the great features is the extensive north facing undercover verandah area with high clearances & recycled hardwood posts plus a corner sunroom, all gazing north towards the large solar heated swimming pool & green pastures
- Three ducted reverse cycle aircon systems servicing all sections & two open fireplaces
- Apple Music system & back to base alarm, electronics & whitegoods available in the sale
- Large detached 2 car car garage & workshop space & undercover all weather access
- A wonderful property with a homely feel to either utilise as your magnificent country getaway or enjoy as your permanent rural dwelling
The Master Suite East Wing
- An enormous north facing main bedroom that gazes out via the French doors & private deck to the KV signature mountain escarpments
- Charming ensuite bathroom with twin vanities, handmade Italian tiles, underfloor heating, large shower & a beautiful bath tub, perfectly positioned to let the views soak in
- Oversized walk in robe with an array of cabinetry, shelving & hanging space
- Spacious study/office opposite the robe
The Studio Barn & Property
- A large studio barn located around 80 metres from the main residence, with 4 rooms, open fireplace & bathroom - Great potential for a multitude of uses
- Long private driveway entrance into the property off Scotts Road passing by beautiful water features
- Over 30 stunning acres with around half cleared
- Huge 15 x 6 metre solar heated swimming pool with remote retractable cover located adjacent to the verandah bbq area to create & enjoy happy times with family & friends
- Large & well setup shed with two horse stables & plenty of storage rooms
- Huge 60 panel ground mounted solar panel system which supplies 10kw feeding back to the grid
- An assortment of water with 3 dams, 90,000 litres of filtered water tank storage plus a spring fed tank system for stock troughs & garden irrigation
- A lovely & harmonious marriage of open pasture & natural forest habitat
- A mini plantation was set up in some of the paddocks in 2007 with several species of eucalypt all occurring naturally in the surrounding remnants of temperate rainforest. This was planted primarily for carbon capture, yet has Department of Natural Resources authorisation for timber use
- Frequent visits from the local kangaroos & wombats & an assortment of birdlife
The Location & Surrounds
- Located in a very special & exclusive pocket in the lush green Upper River region of Kangaroo Valley
- Lovely approach to the property via Upper Kangaroo River Rd, with jaw-dropping scenery & bitumen access to the front gate
- Less than 20 minutes to the main village where you will find a wide variety of activities, shops, galleries, cafes & restaurants
- Beautiful grounds & established gardens surround the Home and Barn with many options for entertaining or to simply lay back & enjoy the setting
- Carry out your own small rural pursuit which may comprise of alpaca, horses etc
- A wonderful opportunity to have as your getaway weekend rural holding or as a permanent country residence & mid-sized acreage
- The average rainfall in Kangaroo Valley is around 1200 mm with the Upper River region even closer to 1800mm per annum
- Just 20 minutes to Berry, 40 minutes to Bowral, 30 minutes to the Coast & just 2 hours to Sydney or Canberra.
A quality country estate in the perfect setting, The Pavilion is now available to call your own. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to acquire a property of this calibre & have it all wrapped up in time for "Christmas in July".
For a private inspection or for more information, please contact Frank Barker on 0456 555 422 or [email protected]
There is currently no sale history available for 38A Scotts Road.
38A Scotts Road is located within the suburb of Kangaroo Valley, which has a population of 879, a median age of 52 and an average household density of 2.3 people.