Situated in one of Watsons loveliest streets with access to nature trails, this privately built, four bedroom home is an outstanding opportunity for those seeking an appealing and comfortable home, in the right location.
Mossy terracotta roof tiles, attractive bricks, timber framed windows and a wide front terrace add to the great street appeal of this privately built mid-century home, with brick chimney, the façade lightly screened by easy care gardens and deciduous trees.
The entry leads into an open plan living area which has a very spacious feel, full length windows on three sides of the generous lounge filling the room with light and bringing the garden in.
Attractive, easy care flooring extends through the kitchen and dining area, from where a glass panelled door opens onto an expansive entertaining deck. The kitchen is presented in very good condition and is equipped with a Westinghouse oven, glass cooktop and a dishwasher, as well as a corner pantry and handy shelves for cookbooks. It overlooks the broad deck and inviting garden.
The master bedroom offers a wall of built-in robes and enjoys a private outlook. Updated in previous years, the bathroom is spacious and well presented, and offers a bath as well as a shower.
A reverse cycle air conditioning unit maintains comfort year-round and there is ducted gas heating in the floor.
Comfortably accommodating larger gatherings, the deck is partially covered by a pergola with an interesting design and has a sunny, covered nook to one side.
A charming, climbing rose covers a garden arch leading from the deck into the large, private rear garden, featuring a selection of beautiful roses, a magnificent and productive nectarine tree, plus veggie beds, while a garden seat captures a shady spot.
A paved driveway leads to the double garage and carport. Colorbond fencing and a gate, safely enclose the rear garden.
The peaceful location, in an attractive street, is only a short walk to the fantastic Watson shopping centre and Knox café, highly regarded Majura primary school, a reserve with playground equipment and a stroll to nature trails on Mt. Majura.
Light filled and spacious, with a great connection to the outdoors – this lovely home is sure to fire your creativity!
- Privately built, mid-century, four bedroom home on block of 788 m2 in sought after Irvine street
- Terracotta roof tiles, timber framed windows and wide terrace enhance great street appeal
- Spacious, open plan living areas, while full length windows in lounge invite light and gardens in
- Generous dining area has glass panelled door opening onto large entertaining deck with pergola
- Updated kitchen features a Westinghouse oven, glass cooktop, dishwasher & pantry with auto light
- As new, reverse cycle air conditioner plus ducted gas heating
- Rinnai instantaneous hot water
- Master bedroom offers a built-in robe and enjoys a private outlook over mature gardens
- Large updated bathroom, and offers a bath and a shower
- Reverse cycle air-conditioner
- Ducted gas heating
- Expansive entertaining deck with pergola roofing
- From the deck an archway covered with a romantic climbing rose leads to large, level private rear garden
- Selection of productive fruit trees and veggie beds
- Peaceful location in attractive street, only a short walk from Majura primary and reserves
- Stroll to coffee and baked treats at Watson shops
- Close to the Farmers' Markets and a light rail stop for a smooth ride into the City centre
Evaporative cooling ( As Inspected)
UV : $ 571,000 approximately
Rates : $ 3,849.00 approximately
The land value history at 36 Irvine Street WATSON, ACT 2602 has the most recent growth rate of 4.38%, giving an unimproved land value of $546,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 36 Irvine Street.
36 Irvine Street WATSON, ACT 2602 has 24 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Majura Primary.
|0.32 km||Majura Primary||Knox Street, Watson|
|1.04 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
|1.28 km||Alternative Education Program/Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.37 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.37 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.44 km||Blue Gum Community School||Maitland Street, Hackett|
|2.25 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|2.25 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|2.26 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|2.52 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
36 Irvine Street is located within the suburb of Watson, which has a population of 5,862, a median age of 34 and an average household density of 2.4 people.