1 / 31
Beautifully presented, extended and renovated, this five-bedroom family home is a haven for all seasons. Snuggle up to the cozy wood fire heater crackling gently in the cooler months or jump into the sparkling swimming pool and entertain to your heart's delight during the warmer climate! Don't be fooled by the modest front exterior! This is a bright, modern and welcoming home with everything a family could want!
With two separate living areas, including a stylish formal lounge room, plus a spacious and comfortable rumpus room, the family can either gather together or separately, as needed. The central and well-equipped open plan kitchen/dining area is the hub of the home and features a cleverly designed Butler's pantry with a European style laundry. The light-filled dining area leads to a quiet and private courtyard through a sliding door.
The master bedroom is segregated and has been dressed to create a peaceful ambience. The built-in wardrobes are custom designed and the ensuite is masterfully appointed. Three other bedrooms are located at the front of the home with a modern bathroom and separate toilet to service them, whilst a fifth bedroom is conveniently located at the back of the home – perfect as a guest bedroom.
Outside leaves nothing to chance with a gorgeous purpose-built entertainer's courtyard, complete with new pergola, built-in barbecue and newly tiled splash-back which leads effortlessly to the outdoor, easy-care, chlorinated pool. A newly installed clear pool fence ensures safety all around. There's a separate utility area with a rainwater tank, another paved area for the work sheds and the clothesline, plus a wonderful, grassed area at the very back of the yard with a designated vegetable patch and compost repository.
A single garage and carport, plus off-street parking caters for all your parking needs and the property is conveniently located with only a short walk to local amenities including the primary school, shops and public transport. A short drive will take you to Kippax Fair, Belconnen Mall, Belconnen Markets, Lake Ginninderra, Government departments and surrounds.
Don't miss the opportunity to secure this wonderful family home where fantastic memories will be made!
• Formal tiled entry/hallway with security screen door and handy storage cupboard
• Formal lounge with sunny north aspect, venetian blinds, decorative brick fireplace with built-in shelving on either side, decorative cornices, laminate timber-look flooring
• Open plan kitchen/dining area with extra study nook, venetian blinds and sliding glass and screen door with curtains to private paved courtyard
• Kitchen has stone look bench tops, skylight, large gas cooktop and electric oven, dishwasher, range-hood, tiled splash-back, double sink with mixer tap, breakfast bar, double door pantry plus extra storage cupboards
• Butler's pantry with laminate bench tops plus sink, and also houses the European style laundry and broom cupboard
• Segregated master suite with carpet, dimmer lights, charging ports for phones, custom mirrored wardrobe with auto sensor lighting and purpose-built storage, plantation shutters, ceiling fan with remote, and ensuite
• Ensuite has vanity with storage, mirrored storage cabinets, ceiling fan/heater, ceiling to floor tiles, toilet, double size shower recess with built-in niche
• Bedrooms two, three and four are located at front of home, all with carpet, built-in wardrobes, sheer and privacy curtains. Bedroom three has a feature wall and bespoke shelving
• Bathroom is modern with floor to ceiling tiles, shower, bathtub, vanity with storage, ceiling fan/heater and roller blind
• Separate toilet
• Bedroom five is located at the rear of the home and has timber look laminate flooring, built-in wardrobe and curtains
• Family/rumpus room has wood fire stove on brick hearth with ventilation circulating warm air to other areas of the house, two sets of sliding glass and screen doors (one is a security screen) to paved outdoor areas, curtains, dimmer lights and ceiling fan
• Renovated paved entertainer's courtyard with recently replaced pergola, built-in area with barbecue with newly tiled splash-back, built-in seating, lighting and power- perfect for parties and family gatherings
• Separate utility area with rainwater tank and area for bins, Colorbond fence
• Swimming pool (Chlorine) with updated modern glass pool fence
• Carport with secure gate and lighting
• Garage with rear access to back yard
• Second utility area with clothesline and separate grassed area with designated vegetable patch and compost, paling fencing, water irrigation system
• Garden shed and pool equipment shed
• Off street parking
• Easy care front garden with water tap
• Front porch with gate
• Newly installed ducted gas heating system
• Closed Circuit TV system
• Short drive to the Belconnen Town Centre, Kippax Shopping Centre, Government departments and Belconnen Markets
• Easy walk to local shops, public transport and quality schools
• EER: 1
• House size: 201m2; Garage: 34.2m2
• Block size: 739m2
• UV: $360,000 (2021)
• Rates: $655 p.q.
• Originally build: 1969; Extension: 1976; Pool: 1982
The House at 35 Castieau Street HIGGINS, ACT 2615 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $730,000 on 9 November 2019.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
35 Castieau Street HIGGINS, ACT 2615 has 26 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Cranleigh School.
|0.62 km||Cranleigh School||Starke Street, Holt|
|0.81 km||Southern Cross Early Childhood School||Wirraway Crescent, Scullin|
|0.87 km||Kingsford Smith School||Cnr Hardwick Cres and Starke St, Holt|
|1.20 km||St John the Apostle Primary||Pawsey Circuit, Florey|
|1.21 km||St Francis Xavier College||Barnard Circuit, Florey|
|1.22 km||Latham Primary||O'Loghlen Street, Latham|
|1.56 km||St Matthew's Primary||Stutchbury Street, Page|
|1.67 km||Hawker College||Murranji Street, Hawker|
|2.02 km||Belconnen High||Murranji Street, Hawker|
|2.07 km||Florey Primary||Ratcliffe Crescent, Florey|
35 Castieau Street is located within the suburb of Higgins, which has a population of 3,073, a median age of 37 and an average household density of 2.6 people.