1 / 30
Next Inspection -
Magnificent views to the Brindabellas can be enjoyed from this impressive Playoust designed home, situated in a prime, elevated location opposite Goodwin Hill reserve. It offers generous formal and casual living areas, an elevated entertaining deck, and a luxurious master suite, all taking advantage of the views.
Behind the attractive and unassuming façade, a huge area of living space unfolds over two levels and the cedar front door opens to a wide entry featuring striking, Blackbutt solid timber flooring.
Classic Playoust design in the entry and formal living areas highlight the richness and beauty of timber. The cedar lined ceiling continues into the formal dining area and down a step into the character filled lounge, featuring a cathedral ceiling with solid beams, and exposed brickwork around the open fireplace. It would be hard to imagine a cosier atmosphere, relaxing around a warming blaze in the depths of winter! Full length, cedar framed windows and doors, all of which are double glazed, frame spectacular views over treetops to the mountains, sometimes dusted with snow. A sliding door opens onto the wrap around deck maximising the endless views.
Timber flooring extends over the spacious, light filled casual living area. Fresh white décor and LED downlighting feature throughout the home. The modern chef's kitchen offers an island bench, a 900 mm gas cooktop with novel chameleon splashback, a commercial oven and Westinghouse stainless steel dishwasher, with a second dishwasher in the butler's pantry/laundry. The seamless integration of all living areas with the fantastic long deck, and family room with the sunny front courtyard, makes for relaxed entertaining on any scale.
The segregated master suite offers restful views, a walk-in robe, ensuite, and access onto the deck. A fourth bedroom is situated on the main level, along with the updated bathroom featuring a skylight, a deep bath, and shower. Brand new, quality carpet furnishes formal living areas, all bedrooms, and rumpus rooms.
On the lower level there are two large, interconnected rumpus areas and two oversized bedrooms, all with a huge amount of built-in storage and external doors to the garden, while a bathroom and laundry tub add to the potential for self-contained living for family members.
A wine cellar and a large, light filled workshop are also found on the lower level.
Boasting perhaps the best views of any, the four car garage comes with a Bishamon car hoist, a storage loft and auto panel lift door.
Opposite, the hilltop reserve offers open spaces and playgrounds, as well as habitat for the rich diversity of birdlife, including black cockatoos, rosellas, kookaburras, and owls.
From this superb location, Kippax Fair, Dunlop and Charnwood shops are all within a short distance, with transport nearby, while Macgregor primary is only a short walk.
A home in which tasteful updating has preserved the distinctive character, while offering modern living and some of the best views to be found!
- Playoust designed home, tastefully updated, in prime elevated location, opposite hilltop reserve
- Spectacular views from formal and casual living areas, entertaining deck and segregated master
- Vast area of living space, in formal and casual living, with two rumpus rooms on lower level
- Architect's design liberally showcases premium timbers: Cedar lined ceilings in formal living, exposed beams in lounge, solid Jarrah stairways, pelmets and mantlepiece, double glazed cedar framed windows and doors, and stunning Black Butt flooring through entry, hallway and family room
- Spacious, light filled casual living with large modern kitchen featuring island bench, 900 mm gas cooktop, commercial oven, Westinghouse, Fisher and Paykel dishwashers, butler's pantry/laundry
- Fresh neutral white décor and LED downlighting throughout
- Ducted gas heating, ducted evaporative cooling, new reverse cycle air conditioner in casual living
- 6.5 kW solar array of 20 panels (replaced after Jan 20 hailstorm) @ premium tariff for 9 more years
- Instantaneous hot water
- Elevated deck runs the length of the home, with large entertaining area accessed from casual living
- Brand new quality carpet furnishes formal dining and lounge, bedrooms and two rumpus rooms
- Luxury master bedroom offers stunning views, door to the deck, walk-in robe and updated ensuite
- Two oversized bedrooms and rumpus rooms on lower level have huge storage and external access
- Main bathroom, ensuite and downstairs bathroom have been updated in recent years
- Security cameras
- Four car garage has lots of natural light, views, car hoist, storage loft and a large workshop under
- Additional off street parking for approximately four vehicles
- Attractively terraced rear garden has two garden sheds, two cubbies, grassy areas, four raised veggie beds, lemon, apricot, pear and apple trees, azaleas and a fernery
- Reserve opposite a haven for birdlife including black cockatoos, rosellas, kookaburras and owls
There is currently no sale history available for 30 Barrett Street.
30 Barrett Street MACGREGOR, ACT 2615 has 21 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Macgregor Primary.
|0.74 km||Macgregor Primary||Hirschfeld Crescent, MacGregor|
|1.10 km||St Thomas Aquinas Primary||Lhotsky Street, Charnwood|
|1.94 km||Latham Primary||O'Loghlen Street, Latham|
|1.96 km||Belconnen Primary Introductory English Centre (at Charnwood Dunlop Primary School)||Bettington Circuit, Charnwood|
|1.96 km||Charnwood-Dunlop School||Bettington Circuit, Charnwood|
|2.06 km||Cranleigh School||Starke Street, Holt|
|2.12 km||Kingsford Smith School||Cnr Hardwick Cres and Starke St, Holt|
|2.65 km||St Francis Xavier College||Barnard Circuit, Florey|
|2.85 km||St John the Apostle Primary||Pawsey Circuit, Florey|
|2.94 km||Fraser Primary||Tillyard Drive, Fraser|
30 Barrett Street is located within the suburb of Macgregor, which has a population of 6,796, a median age of 32 and an average household density of 2.7 people.