- Built 1885
- Rates $3,971.08 per annum
- Block: 1024m2
Charming in design, this solid brick homestead encompasses an integral piece of Queanbeyan's history.
Set over an impressive 1000m2 level block, the property is divided into two separate residences under the same roof line and sharing the same, picturesque front porch and bearing the historic plaque "Barber's Cottage".
The first residence features panelled high ceilings, original timber flooring, a decorative fireplace and other vintage home features which are complimented superbly by modern updates to the kitchen and bathroom.
Perfect for the extended family, the second residence provides space for elderly parents or teenage children. The home also offers opportunity for those looking to develop and renovate a larger residence.
Possible rental return combined would be in the $900.00 per week range.
- Built in 1885 with handmade bricks and named "Barber's Cottage" for William Joshua Barber.
- Addition added late 1980's and named "Barber's Lodge".
- Occupied by Queanbeyan Mayor George Tompsitt (1889), Ernest Dornbusch, editor of the Queanbeyan Times and John Breen, an alderman of Queanbeyan Council from 1917 to 1920.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Barber's Cottage)
- Feature door and large covered verandah
- Extra high ceilings
- True timber flooring
- Wardrobes to main bedroom
- Feature panelling to ceiling
- Display shelving
- Decorative original fireplace
- Formal living room
- Ceiling rose to living
- Renovated kitchen with pantry
- Gas cooking 900mm
- Inbuilt oven
- Family meals area
- Natural gas heating
- Ceiling fan to family meals
- Renovated bathroom
- Separate bath shower
- Extra-large hallway
- Study nook
- Shelving to hallway
- Renovated laundry
- Separate toilet
- Feature timber French doors
- Large sunroom to rear of house
- Split system unit
- Short walk to river
- Short walk to Queanbeyan CBD
- Golf course close by
- Instant hot water
- Side access to extra-large garage
- Power to garage
- Remote door to garage
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Barber's Lodge)
- Front living space
- Ducted natural gas heating
- Large bedroom
- Built-in robe and ceiling fan
- Bathroom with separate bath/shower
- Laundry facility
- Eat-in kitchen with gas cooking
- Garden room/gym
- Additional sunroom off this space/storage/office
For more information or to book an inspection, please contact Ian McNamee & Partners Jerrabomberra on 6283 5555, Lucy Macgregor 0433 319 366, [email protected] or Darren Bennett 0418 633 806, [email protected]
Disclaimer: All purchasers must rely on their own enquiries as the vendors or their respective agents, do not make any warranty as to the accuracy of the information provided above and do not or will not accept any liability for any errors, mis-statements or discrepancies in that information. We have diligently and conscientiously undertaken to ensure it is as current and as accurate as possible.
There is currently no sale history available for 30 Atkinson Street.
30 Atkinson Street QUEANBEYAN, NSW 2620 has 8 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being St Gregory's Primary School.
|0.15 km||St Gregory's Primary School||57 Lowe Street, Queanbeyan 2620|
|0.22 km||St Gregory's Primary School||MacQuoid St, Queanbeyan 2620|
|0.74 km||Queanbeyan East Public School||Yass St, Queanbeyan 2620|
|0.88 km||Queanbeyan Public School||Isabella St, Queanbeyan 2620|
|1.98 km||Queanbeyan High School||Agnes Ave, Queanbeyan 2620|
|2.03 km||Queanbeyan South Public School||Cameron Rd, Queanbeyan 2620|
|2.22 km||Karabar High School||Donald Rd, Queanbeyan 2620|
|2.42 km||Queanbeyan West Public School||Morton St, Queanbeyan 2620|
30 Atkinson Street is located within the suburb of Queanbeyan, which has a population of 6,237, a median age of 37 and an average household density of 2 people.