1 / 25
Auction to be run online via AuctionNow:
In accordance with new ACT Government health guidelines; from 11.59pm on Friday 17 September 2021 private buyer inspections may take place by appointment only. Please call to discuss booking a time for a private inspection.
Located in one of Watson's most appealing streets backing reserve, this inviting, mid-century home has been tastefully updated and offers sustainable living, inside and out.
Privately built, to one of the era's classic designs, it features high raked ceilings throughout, with an exposed beam in the cathedral ceiling above the open plan living area.
Native gardens lightly screen the attractive façade, the exterior recently refreshed in a contemporary tone.
The light filled, open plan living area features full length, double glazed, timber framed windows, while fresh white décor enhances the sense of space and light throughout. Striking, Tasmanian Oak solid timber flooring features in the living areas and a cosy slow combustion fireplace is a focal point, generating solid winter warmth and great atmosphere!
The upmarket kitchen showcases a pyrolytic stainless steel oven, an induction cooktop and stainless steel bench, an Ironbark island bench with dishwasher, a pantry and soft close joinery with a bamboo finish.
A full length window in the kitchen is a connection with the garden while a glass door opens onto the north facing rear deck, the perfect place to relax and entertain, enjoying the private view over the reserve to Mt. Majura nearby.
Three spacious bedrooms feature new, quality charcoal carpet in a durable and warm wool/bamboo blend. The master and second bedrooms offer built-in robes, ceiling fans, and a garden outlook, while the updated bathroom has a separate w/c.
All windows and doors are double glazed, there is insulation in the ceiling, walls and underfloor, while pelmets furnish windows in the lounge and bedrooms.
There is a solar hot water system, and an array of eight solar panels, installed under the premium tariff scheme, which transfers to the new owners and runs until 2030.
Gardens are safely enclosed and are an oasis of sustainability! A large veggie garden, chook pen, many varieties of berries and twelve fruit trees offer the freshest produce and summer treats. Cherry, plum, peach, apricot, fig, apple, mulberry, orange, lemon and olive trees are dotted around rear and front gardens, supported by a large rain water tank and a grey water system.
Also a haven for creative pursuits, there is a bright, spacious studio in the garden which has an insulated ceiling and north facing, double glazed sash windows. As well there are four sheds or workshop spaces and a sturdy pergola supporting a mature wisteria, spectacular in the spring.
The prime location is brilliant, just a short walk through parkland to Watson shops, fantastic Majura Primary School and light rail stop. Outside the back gate are wetlands, nature trails on Mt. Majura and the Farmers' Market. Dickson hub is close by, while the bike path network passes through reserves on the trip into the City.
- Tastefully refurbished, privately-built, mid-century home backing reserve in one of Watson's most appealing streets
- Prime position, just a short walk to Mt. Majura nature trails with gate access onto the reserve
- Well sited on a block of approx. 664 m2 with a northerly aspect to the rear, the attractive façade lightly screened by native gardens
- Light filled, open plan living features full length timber framed windows, including a corner window
- All windows and doors double glazed
- Interiors refreshed in neutral white and exterior freshly painted in a contemporary tone
- Striking, Tasmanian Oak solid timber flooring through open plan living area
- Cathedral ceiling with exposed beam in living area, with high raked ceilings throughout the home
- Cosy, efficient Nectre slow combustion stove installed in original fireplace with brick surround
- Updated kitchen (approx. $30 k) features an Ironbark island bench with dishwasher, an induction cooktop, a pyrolytic oven and a stainless steel benchtop
- Large pantry and quality bamboo finish on the many soft close drawers (all lined with Marmoleum)
- Marmoleum flooring in kitchen and bathroom
- Glass door from kitchen opens onto north facing rear deck, with view over reserve to Mt. Majura
- Full insulation, in ceiling, walls and underfloor, and pelmets to lounge and bedrooms
- Solar array of 8 panels installed under premium feed-in tariff, with transferable contract until 2030
- Solar hot water, electric boosted, with storage tank on ground level
- NBN to the home and a study nook in hallway
- Three generous bedrooms, all featuring new wool/bamboo carpet in charcoal and two with robes
- Updated bathroom with a separate w/c and adjacent laundry has storage
- Spacious studio in rear garden features high ceiling, lined walls and north facing, double glazed sash windows
- Four large sheds/workshop areas, including a lock-up bike shed concealed at the front of property
- Securely enclosed garden features a chook pen, large area of veggie beds, berries and twelve fruit trees, including cherry, plum, peach, apricot, orange, lemon, apple, two figs, olives and a mulberry
- Large water tank, and a grey water system from shower, for fruit trees
- Superb location, a short walk to Watson shops, Farmers' Market and a tram stop, Majura Primary School, wetlands and nature trails on Mt. Majura
- Dickson hub is close by and bike pathways run through reserves to the City centre
Rates- $3,574 (approx)
There is currently no sale history available for 27 Piddington Street.
27 Piddington Street WATSON, ACT 2602 has 25 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Majura Primary.
|0.51 km||Majura Primary||Knox Street, Watson|
|1.39 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
|1.62 km||Alternative Education Program/Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.70 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.70 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|1.88 km||Blue Gum Community School||Maitland Street, Hackett|
|2.46 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|2.50 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|2.50 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|2.68 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
27 Piddington Street is located within the suburb of Watson, which has a population of 5,862, a median age of 34 and an average household density of 2.4 people.