1 / 19
LAWD (Land Agribusiness Water Development) is pleased to present for sale Jika (the Property). Rural lifestyle opportunities of this scale and proximity to Wagga Wagga are rare to the market and should not be overlooked. The Property comprises 119* hectares (294* acres) and is very conveniently situated 12* kilometres west of Wagga Wagga.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Predominantly arable, attractive, and gently undulating landscape which boasts established tree lines and fertile soils. Elevation ranges from 185* metres Above Median Sea Level (AMSL) rising to 213* metres AMSL benefitting from a an easterly aspect.
- Scope of current enterprise – Jika provides a supplementary income for the current owners plus an enjoyable rural lifestyle. Since purchasing the property in 1997, the property has been either owner operated or leased to a nearby farming enterprise. Over the 24* year tenure the Property has mainly been operated as a finishing platform for trade cattle on improved pastures such as Lucerne plus fodder crops. Jika is equally suited to both sheep and cattle enterprises with cropping capabilities. Currently, 100* hectares is sown to dual purpose wheat (Kittyhawk variety) and supports agistment livestock which includes 350* merino lambs, 350* 1st cross ewes and lambs and 30* Charolais/Simmental steers (400* kilograms liveweight).
- The Jika homestead is privately located in established garden surrounds. The original part of the homestead was built in the early 1900’s and comprises rendered mudbrick construction with timber verandas and northly aspect which complements a weatherboard extension renovated in 2001*. Country style features are consistent throughout the homestead which include high 10’ ceilings, open plan kitchen with living and dining area, formal dining room, four bedrooms plus study, two bathrooms (main with ensuite, spacious changeroom and walk-in wardrobe) and laundry. Adjacent to the homestead is a three-bedroom brick veneer guests residence which features kitchen, dining, living, laundry and carport. Added extras include slow combustion heater and ducted evaporative cooling system.
Additional features include built in wardrobes in three* of the bedrooms, slow combustion heater, ducted evaporative air conditioning and 8* kilowatt solar unit.
- Secure water – A private water scheme supplies Murrumbidgee River Water to the property. Water is piped underground to the property from the Murrumbidgee River and fills a header tank on the boundary, water then reticulates to a network of concrete water troughs throughout the Property and supplies garden water to both dwellings. Three* large dams provide back-up livestock water. Rainwater tanks supply domestic water for the homestead and additional residence.
- Fit for purpose working improvements include machinery shed, hay shed, workshop, 180* tonne total silo grain storage, cattle yards and three* car carport.
- The Property is subdivided into seven* main paddocks with central laneway system.
- Desirable location, 12* kilometres west of Wagga Wagga, 257* kilometres to Canberra and central to both Sydney (431* kilometres M5/M7 intersection) and Melbourne (445* kilometres).
Jika is for sale by Expression of Interest closing Thursday 19 August 2021 at 4pm (AEST).
There is currently no sale history available for 226 Cloughs Road.
226 Cloughs Road is located within the suburb of Wagga Wagga, which has a population of 7,104, a median age of 38 and an average household density of 2 people.