1 / 38
Next Inspection -
Be ahead of the rest with My Zango
NOTE: Open For Inspection This Sat 12th - Old Store Only (As the Cottage is Booked with Holiday Guests )
& Also Open on Wed 16th @ 11am for both the Old Store and Cottage.
If Only The Walls Could Talk! ... Welcome to The Old Barrengarry Store & Lulu Hill Cottage, steeped in history & situated on a generous parcel of over 1090m2, this is where charm & lifestyle meets practicality & a generous return.
Comprising of two stunning heritage buildings, this amazing property holding, located on the northern side of Kangaroo Valley, gazes towards beautiful rural land, lush green dairy country and KV's classic mountain escarpments.
Being the first stop in the Valley for travellers from the North, this is the perfect set up & position for both "Work and Play", with main road frontage, additional side street access & just a 10 minute stroll via footpath to the classic Hampden Bridge and pristine Kangaroo River.
THE OLD BARRENGARRY STORE
- Simply the "classic of classic" old buildings, steeped in history and laced with character & charm.
- Originating back to 1875, Barrengarry Store served as a very important hub to the north of the main village as one of Kangaroo Valley major butter factories located up Cavan Road to the rear. It is here that Barrengarry General Store and Post Office was located in an ideal position for travellers, traders, transporters & locals alike.
- Comes with a Packed Liquor Licence.
- Spans over three sections with hardwood flooring, lovely long counter tops, & high 12-14 ft ceilings
- The small commercial kitchen & adjacent cool room in the south western corner which was recently the hub for making well known local pies.
- Wonderful wrap around covered verandahs to the East and North
- The south east corner post office room gently reminds us of yester year, with mail pigeonholes, post box key racks and even the old numbered post boxes still in situ
- Great potential to be revamped for higher and better use & would make a great restored General Store, a Micro-Brewery or Distillery (yes, please;) ) or perhaps an up market local 'destination restaurant' to draw foodie trail types from both near & far
- Prior to the opening of the Hampden Bridge in 1898 there was only an insignificant bridge over the Kangaroo River & prior to that just a small ford crossing at Broughton Street, hence why The Barrengarry Store was a significant hub & landmark for the community, traders & visitors to the northern side of Kangaroo River
LULU HILL COTTAGE
- The 2nd building on the property consists of a simply charming & lovely cottage of weatherboard construction, known as Lulu Hill
- Lulu Hill Cottage has been run in recent years as a successful short term holiday let via Airbnb & the local mgt co - Kangaroo Valley Getaways & receives from $250 per night and up to $550 per night at full capacity
- Three Large Bedrooms & Two modern bathrooms
- Stunning Kauri pine floors and high 10ft ceilings throughout
- Three living areas including a superb long sunroom
- Large main lounge room with cozy slow combustion fireplace
- Updated kitchen with stainless benchtops & a long & spacious eat in dining area
- A large undercover entertaining area to the rear which leads on to the neat back yard
- An array of sheds and storage options
- Convenient side access off Cavan Road
This absolutely stunning & amazing time capsule of history has a multitude of options to choose from :
1) To simply hold as a classic investment with 2 healthy income returns
2) Work and Play - Live in the lovely cottage with the family & stroll just 20 paces to your place of work next door!
3) Receive an income return from the Old Store & enjoy the use of the Cottage, either permanently or on weekends with a 2nd income holiday rental stream for the times that You Choose!
One of the quaintest of country towns in NSW, Kangaroo Valley is a place the locals call heaven & one which has still managed to retain it's absolute innocence, beauty & pristine surrounds - The perfect retreat from a world gone almost crazy!
This is an absolutely delightful property with the bonus of such brilliant potential for the smart & savvy operator! Here is your ultimate opportunity to escape the rat race & feel away from it all, yet be situated only 2 hours from Sydney & Canberra & just 30 minutes to the coast.
To inspect this gem of a property please attend one of our scheduled open homes, or, for a midweek private viewing - Contact Frank Barker on 0456 555 422 or email: [email protected]
There is currently no sale history available for 2167 Moss Vale Road.
2167 Moss Vale Road is located within the suburb of Kangaroo Valley, which has a population of 879, a median age of 52 and an average household density of 2.3 people.