Wybalena Grove is an iconic, much-loved woodland townhouse estate that has featured prominently in the Design Canberra Festival, and number 21 showcases exactly why the homes here are so highly regarded.
Lovers of mid-century-modern architecture will thrill at the delicious internal features including a tri-level floorplan, cathedral ceilings to the upper level, exposed beams, full-height cedar-framed windows and a slow combustion heater, the flue of which has become a double-height sculptural element in the living areas.
More recent touches include the addition of skylights and updates to kitchen appliances, but there is still scope here for you to come in and add your own personal stamp.
Set on 30 acres, the complex's peaceful native setting is a huge drawcard and has influenced architect Michael Dysart's original choice of a brick colour to match the bark of surrounding eucalypts.
The environment is a welcome presence in every room. On the upper level, the main living area opens to a treetop balcony. The two bedrooms open out to a private, north-facing deck and garden beyond.
Proximity to schools, universities, walking trails, popular cafes, bars and both the Belconnen and Canberra retail and office centres make the convenience of this location a huge sweetener, but it's the beautifully maintained neighbourhood facilities and the unique setting that will truly win your heart.
Despite its bushland setting, Wybalena Grove is superbly located close to all of North Canberra's major facilities. From here you have such easy access to the popular cafes and bars of Cook & Aranda, minutes to Jamison Plaza, the Belconnen Town Centre, Bruce precinct and only 8km from Canberra's City Centre.
Auction Details - This home will be auctioned On Site on Saturday, 16th July 2022 at 12.00pm. Please contact the agent to register.
- Two bedroom plus spacious study
- Architecturally designed by renowned Michael Dysart
- Tri-level villa with beautiful vistas from nearly every room
- Raked ceilings to entrance and upper levels of the residence
- The main living area is on the upper level enjoying abundant sun leading onto a tree-top balcony - the perfect spot to sit and listen to the native bird song
- Open-plan living and dining room with floor to ceiling windows
- Updated kitchen with ceramic cooktop, new dishwasher and generous storage
- Electric heating
- Delightful study with a slow combustion - perfect for those wintery days and evenings
- The sleeping quarters include two bedrooms which are both located on the lower level serviced by an original main bathroom with separate shower
- An expansive north-facing timber deck offers a private setting and flows out from both bedrooms
- Main bedroom features a large walk-in wardrobe
- Separate laundry leading to a second bathroom
- Double carport right at your front door - a rare find in the "Grove"
- Storage area at the rear of carport
- An added bonus is a spacious pitched roof loft which is located directly above the carport and accessible via wooden stairs. The room has power and is ideal as an extra study, storage area or play room for the kids!
- Freshly painted eaves and facias
- Low maintenance grounds
- Outdoor communal facilities are well catered for and include tennis courts, pizza oven, bbq areas, children's playground and open spaces
- Great cycle paths, with one of the main routes taking you directly to the ANU and City Centre
Body Corporate; $2,746pa
There is currently no sale history available for 21 Wybalena Grove.
21 Wybalena Grove COOK, ACT 2614 has 22 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being St Vincent's Primary.
|0.95 km||St Vincent's Primary||Bindel Street, Aranda|
|1.04 km||Aranda Primary||Banambila Crescent, Aranda|
|1.26 km||Canberra High||Bindubi Street, Macquarie|
|1.76 km||Macquarie Primary||Bennelong Crescent, Macquarie|
|2.51 km||Weetangera Primary||Southwell Street, Weetangera|
|2.64 km||University of Canberra - Senior Secondary College Lake Ginninderra||Emu Bank, Belconnen|
|2.65 km||Radford College||College Street, Bruce|
|3.40 km||Belconnen High||Murranji Street, Hawker|
|3.62 km||Hawker Primary||Erldunda Cicuit, Hawker|
|3.64 km||St Matthew's Primary||Stutchbury Street, Page|
21 Wybalena Grove is located within the suburb of Cook, which has a population of 2,805, a median age of 42 and an average household density of 2.3 people.