Birdsong is the only sound to be heard in this sunny, peaceful cul-de-sac, where much renewal has already taken place, in the heart of the Inner North.
Once in a while, a home in the perfect location will come along to spark your imagination, to renovate, extend or as the canvas for a new build!
With a north aspect to the rear, on a generous block of approximately 742 m2, this well maintained home offers the opportunity to occupy just as it is, or to commence your new project.
Neat, established gardens surround the home.
The entry opens into a hallway and flows to both the open plan eat-in kitchen, equipped with an upright stove with gas cooktop and also to the living room. From the meals nook a sliding door opens onto an east facing terrace, the perfect place for a morning coffee.
There is a separate, spacious lounge, warmed by a gas heater. This was installed in the former fireplace now bricked up, though the chimney is still in place. From here a sliding door opens onto a paved entertaining area with a pergola, under the shelter of a mature deciduous tree.
Bedrooms are spacious, especially the master, which offers a built-in robe and private garden outlook. The bathroom has a bath with a shower and there is a separate w/c.
The large, level rear garden enjoys a sunny north aspect and is enclosed with Colorbond fencing, and features nectarine, apricot trees and grapes as well as two large raised veggie beds. Spring will delight when the many bulbs appear, and currently you can enjoy the hydrangeas, hellebores, agapanthas and lily-of-the-valley.
There is a carport and two garden sheds, together with a shelter which could house a trailer or small boat.
From the tree lined cul-de-sac it is a short stroll to the Gang Gang café in Downer, Dickson College and Rosary Primary, while Watson or Hackett shops and the Dickson hub are all a comfortable walk.
The many attractions of the Inner North and a wide selection of sought after schools and bush walks or mountain biking on Mt Ainslie are all within easy reach.
This neat home, in a fantastic location, is sure to fire your creativity, and offers so many possibilities!
- Well presented home set amidst mature, orderly gardens
- Generous block of approximately 742 m2 in a peaceful cul-de-sac, in the heart of the Inner North
- Sunny north aspect to the rear of a large, level and private garden
- Home has recently been refreshed throughout in a neutral tone
- Open plan, eat-in kitchen, equipped with an upright stove with a gas cooktop
- Meals area has a sliding door to an east facing terrace
- Separate, spacious lounge warmed by a gas heater
- Sliding door from lounge opens to a paved entertaining area, covered by a pergola
- Bedrooms are spacious, especially the master which features a built-in robe
- Bathroom offers a bath with shower and a separate w/c
- Gas heater installed in former fireplace, now bricked up, though with chimney still in place
- Gas hot water
- Carport, two garden sheds and a shelter for trailer
- Garden enclosed with Colorbond fencing
- Exterior trim and eaves freshly painted
- Foxtel dish
- Rear garden features apricot and nectarine trees and two large raised veggie beds
- Spring bulbs will delight
- Friendly, tree lined cul-de-sac, a short stroll to Downer café, Dickson College and Rosary primary
- Watson, Hackett or the Dickson hub and light rail stop are an equally comfortable walk
Rates: $ 3,943.00 approx
UV: $ 588,000 approx
The land value history at 20 Giblin Place DOWNER, ACT 2602 has the most recent growth rate of 4.42%, giving an unimproved land value of $588,000.
The House at 20 Giblin Place DOWNER, ACT 2602 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $120,000 on 29 November 2012.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
20 Giblin Place DOWNER, ACT 2602 has 26 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Rosary Primary.
|0.36 km||Rosary Primary||Fleming Street, Watson|
|0.47 km||Alternative Education Program/Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.48 km||Secondary Introductory English Centre (at Dickson College)||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.48 km||Dickson College||Phillip Avenue, Dickson|
|0.81 km||Majura Primary||Knox Street, Watson|
|1.17 km||Blue Gum Community School||Maitland Street, Hackett|
|1.19 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|1.20 km||Northside Primary Introductory English Centre (at North Ainslie Primary School)||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.20 km||Ainslie North Primary||Majura Avenue, Ainslie|
|1.47 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
20 Giblin Place is located within the suburb of Downer, which has a population of 3,662, a median age of 35 and an average household density of 2.5 people.