Set on an expansive 1,378m² block at the crest of a hill, 19 Kapunda Street is a substantial family offering that is often sought but seldom found. Built to last, this sizable family home is presented to please and while affording immediate comfort, has incredible potential for future renovation.
The family-friendly layout has multiple living spaces surrounding the incredibly large kitchen as the centerpiece of the home, with an extensive amount of bench and storage space and is primed for the next owner to add their own personal touch. Accommodation is provided across four spacious bedrooms, serviced by an updated bathroom and ensuite to the master, with a versatile study potentially allowing for a fifth bedroom. An internally-accessed double garage is complemented by a semi-circular driveway and gated access to the backyard, should you need space for additional vehicles or larger toys.
As a fine example of just how regular maintenance, love and care can preserve a quality home; under the original wool carpets you'll find beautiful hardwood timber flooring. Put this together with the excellent condition of the original laundry, original kitchen and updated bathrooms and you have an opportunity to ensure that any future updates are done to your liking - but if the past is anything to go by, the home will continue to serve the incumbent owner very well in its current condition.
The backyard stands out as one of the most appealing features. Easy care, low maintenance lawns and gardens fill the vast space which is perfectly orientated towards the North. The potential for a pool or tennis court has often been pondered over the years, but the incredible views across Weston Creek have distracted from any firm plans. Minutes from quality schools, shops, and nature trails, this stand-out Fisher home is ready for the next chapter.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL BE AUCTIONED AT 14 WALES STREET, BELCONNEN ON SATURDAY, 30TH JANUARY FROM 12.00PM.
- 5 bedroom 1976 home with 208m² of living is offered for the first time in 44 years
- Enviable elevated position on a 1,378m² (approx.) parcel of gently sloping land
- Meticulously maintained in somewhat original condition throughout, boasting a spacious floorplan with separate dining, living and lounge areas
- Large kitchen with plenty of storage and bench space and Northerly aspect with views out over the backyard and beyond
- Updated bathroom and ensuite with floor-to-ceiling tiles
- Four generously sized bedrooms all including built-in wardrobes
- Fifth bedroom or sizeable study with built-in shelving
- Original carpets throughout, protecting solid oak timber flooring underneath
- Large internal laundry off kitchen
- Ducted gas heating
- New electric hot water service
- Back to base security system
- Incredible backyard, with enough space for an in-ground swimming pool or tennis court
- Well-maintained gardens and secure Colorbond fencing
- Double garage with internal access and additional storage space
- Semi-circular driveway allowing for plenty of off-street parking
- Gated access to the backyard, suitable for storing a boat, caravan or trailer
Living Space: 208m² (approx.)
Land Size: 1,378m² (approx.)
Land Value: $550,000 (approx.)
Land Rates: $3,674 p.a. (approx.)
Land Tax (if rented): $5,906 p.a. (approx.)
Year Built: 1976
The land value history at 19 Kapunda Street FISHER, ACT 2611 has the most recent growth rate of 4.73%, giving an unimproved land value of $550,000.
There is currently no sale history available for 19 Kapunda Street.
19 Kapunda Street FISHER, ACT 2611 has 30 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Mount Stromlo High School.
|0.69 km||Mount Stromlo High School||Badimara Street, Waramanga|
|0.72 km||Chapman Primary||Perry Drive, Chapman|
|1.07 km||Alternative Education Program/Canberra College||Fremantle Drive, Stirling|
|1.08 km||Arawang Primary||Nemarang Crescent, Waramanga|
|1.17 km||St John Vianney's Primary||Namatjira Drive, Waramanga|
|2.38 km||Taylor Primary||Marconi Crescent, Kambah|
|2.46 km||St Thomas the Apostle Primary||Boddington Crescent, Kambah|
|2.59 km||The Galilee School||PO Box 1066, Tuggeranong|
|2.94 km||St Jude's Primary||Mulley Street, Holder|
|3.13 km||Canberra Montessori School||Mulley Street, Holder|
19 Kapunda Street is located within the suburb of Fisher, which has a population of 3,004, a median age of 39 and an average household density of 2.5 people.