Auction Location: LJ Hooker Canberra City | Online.
We are delighted to once again be able to show homes to buyers in person. Please note that whilst physical inspections are now possible, we cannot guarantee that all buyers will have the opportunity to do so due to high demand and the imposed limit of 4 inspections per property per day. To arrange an inspection time, please select the 'Book Inspection' or 'Request Inspection' button below to request an appointment. In the meantime, we encourage you to explore the home further using our suite of interactive inspection tools.
Situated in a loop street and directly opposite Goodwin Hill Reserve, this generous home is ready for a new family to make it their forever home and create wonderful memories!
Over time the home has been extended and renovated to provide multiple living spaces, modern kitchen, upgraded bathrooms and the addition of 2 big bedrooms, a bathroom, living space and kitchenette downstairs. The downstairs area could provide passive income with independent entry from the rear yard.
Whilst the home needs some TLC, the location and the amenity here is sensational and rare. To find a genuine 6 bedroom home is one thing but in a location where the kids can make the reserve over the road their 'natures playground' is a dream come true for any child growing up.
The rear yard is terraced; there's a pool for the family to enjoy, loads of off-street parking and a double carport.
Macgregor is a quiet suburb in Canberra's west. It's an area popular with young families thanks to its proximity to nature as well as Belconnen Town Centre, schools, shops, and public transport. Sprinkled with walking trails and the popular Kingswim school, it's a great place to enjoy a balanced lifestyle.
- Generous floor plan over 2 levels
- Views from the living, kitchen & rear terrace
- New carpet to the main living zone
- Bedrooms upstairs all with built in robes
- Ducted gas heating throughout
- Evaporative cooling to the upper level
- Newer windows are double glazed
- Large, elevated terrace off the kitchen & living; enjoy the views & sunsets
- Large laundry on the lower level
- Terrific under house storage
- Living size; 225sqm approx
- Block size; 805sqm
- Rates; $683.75 per quarter
- Land Tax; $982.25 per quarter IF RENTED
- UV; $411,000 (Jan 2020)
- The suburb of Macgregor was gazetted on September 9th 1971 & is named after
Sir William MacGregor, Governor of Queensland 1909–14 and first chancellor of the University of Queensland, 1911.
- Streets are named after members of the Australian medical professions.
- Walk or ride to Macgregor primary school, Berne St or Abbie St playgrounds
- Kingswim is a dedicated learn to swim school with over 30 years of experience teaching kids to swim.
- Milky Paws is a dog grooming salon catering exclusively to the Poodles and Oodles of Canberra.
The House at 18 Barrett Street MACGREGOR, ACT 2615 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $650,000 on 23 July 2020.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
18 Barrett Street MACGREGOR, ACT 2615 has 20 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Macgregor Primary.
|0.81 km||Macgregor Primary||Hirschfeld Crescent, MacGregor|
|1.11 km||St Thomas Aquinas Primary||Lhotsky Street, Charnwood|
|1.93 km||Belconnen Primary Introductory English Centre (at Charnwood Dunlop Primary School)||Bettington Circuit, Charnwood|
|1.94 km||Charnwood-Dunlop School||Bettington Circuit, Charnwood|
|2.08 km||Latham Primary||O'Loghlen Street, Latham|
|2.21 km||Cranleigh School||Starke Street, Holt|
|2.27 km||Kingsford Smith School||Cnr Hardwick Cres and Starke St, Holt|
|2.79 km||St Francis Xavier College||Barnard Circuit, Florey|
|2.90 km||Fraser Primary||Tillyard Drive, Fraser|
|2.98 km||St John the Apostle Primary||Pawsey Circuit, Florey|
18 Barrett Street is located within the suburb of Macgregor, which has a population of 6,796, a median age of 32 and an average household density of 2.7 people.