1 / 30
*** Please go to https://raywhitecanberra.com.au/watch-our-auctions-live to watch the auction ***
In accordance with ACT Government health guidelines, unfortunately, we will not be conducting in-person open homes or auctions at this time. We will be conducting auctions through our online platform. Please contact your agent for further information.
Broadly appealing and located in a sought-after pocket of the Inner North, 16 Mackennal Street Lyneham is a rare offering. As a long-term investment the home has been extended and adapted over the years to maximise living options. A solid 1960's monocrete home sits forward on a sizeable 771sqm approx. block and captures an outlook towards Mount Majura. A traditional combined lounge/dining room wraps around a large updated kitchen and flows outside to a covered outdoor entertaining area. Three bedrooms are serviced by an updated bathroom and separate WC, plus a full-size laundry has ample storage. Complete with its own gated driveway and garage, the home enjoys pleasant garden and streetscape vistas from all rooms.
A self contained one bedroom studio adjoins the home to the rear. From its own driveway and private entry, a comfortable layout includes a segregated bedroom, combined bathroom, and laundry, generous kitchen with meals area plus a sunlit sunken lounge room. For the astute investor, the combined rental yield of approximately $1,020 per week is an attractive return on investment.
Renovators alike will also find #16 appealing, as the home could be adapted and updated to suit larger families or provide fantastic multi-generational living options. The prized site may also suit those seeking the perfect block to build the forever home, and the views possible particularly from a second floor would be remarkable. What is universally attractive to all is the location, moments from the Lyneham shopping village, stunning recreational spaces, and some of Canberra's most popular educational facilities. Be sure to see this unique offering.
- Attractive Inner North opportunity with versatile options
- Large 771sqm approx. block with filtered views to rear
- Significant renovation or rebuild potential
- 157sqm approx. combined internal living
- 1960's built three bedroom Monocrete home
- Currently vacant
- Updated kitchen with modern appliances including dishwasher
- Renovated bathroom and separate WC
- New carpets to bedrooms one and two
- Solar hot water
- Gas wall furnace in living room
- Large covered rear terrace overlooking easy care gardens
- Single lock-up garage with storage
- Ample off-street parking
- Potential rent $600-$620 per week
- Mid 1970's built one bedroom granny flat
- Currently tenanted until December 2021
- Large updated and well-appointed kitchen
- Completely North facing throughout with ample light
- Segregated bedroom
- Sunken lounge room
- Combined bathroom and laundry
- Separate driveway and private entry
- Potential rent $380-$400 per week
Close proximity to:
- Lyneham shopping village
- Lambert Place playground
- Lyneham Primary and High schools
- Brindabella Christian College
- ANU and UC campuses
- Public transport including light rail
- Yowani Country Club
- O'Connor Ridge
There is currently no sale history available for 16 Mackennal Street.
16 Mackennal Street LYNEHAM, ACT 2602 has 33 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Lyneham Primary.
|0.40 km||Lyneham Primary||Hall Street, Lyneham|
|0.46 km||Brindabella Christian College - Lyneham Campus||Brigalow Street, Lyneham|
|0.85 km||Lyneham High||Goodwin Street, Lyneham|
|1.30 km||St Joseph's Primary||Boronia Drive, O'Connor|
|1.53 km||O'Connor Cooperative School||MacPherson Street, O'Connor|
|1.56 km||Daramalan College||Cowper Street, Dickson|
|1.87 km||Turner Early Childhood Centre||Condamine Street, Turner|
|1.87 km||Turner School||Condamine Street, Turner|
|1.91 km||Emmaus Christian School||Davenport Street, Dickson|
|2.10 km||Black Mountain School||Dryandra Street, O'Connor|
16 Mackennal Street is located within the suburb of Lyneham, which has a population of 5,112, a median age of 35 and an average household density of 2.1 people.