1 / 26
This substantial 4 bedroom residence strikes a beautiful balance of spacious open plan interiors, outdoor entertaining areas & quality creature comforts. The overall amenity of this home really is a cut above the rest, providing a family home with no compromise.
From the moment you enter, a warm and inviting vibe is most apparent and as you meander further through the formal entry to the living spaces at the rear you will almost certainly have a big smile on your face. The home really opens up at this point, where proportions are generous with each living space considered and comfortable. The connection from the kitchen to dining & further to the family area is a result of the thoughtful design process undertaken by the current owner as they built their dream home to an exacting standard.
Glass doors allow for the extension of the living & dining spaces to the outdoors where entertaining on a small or grand scale can easily be catered for. It is without doubt a home sure to leave a lasting impression on those who visit, and more importantly a place for enjoyment and relaxation for those who live here.
The central kitchen is a showpiece in itself, featuring a splashback window, premium 40mm stone surfaces, large breakfast bar & generous walk in butlers pantry. Quality cooking appliances, undermount sink & integrated dishwasher are all included to ensure the cook of the family is never left wanting.
A significant design feature of the home is that it's two level design not only caters for young families but also multi-generational living arrangements or those with older children, who will find the home very practical. The downstairs contains its own living spaces & luxurious main bedroom, whilst the upstairs 3 bedrooms are all well proportioned and have easy access to their own separate living space. An upstairs 'wet bar' provides plumbing for convenience and the full length balcony with sweeping views back to Canberra city is sure to be one of the most relaxing places of the home.
The beautifully established gardens surrounding the home have been designed to maximise the outdoor living experience whilst ensuring minimal maintenance. The generous alfresco area presents a year-round outdoor living space which is sure to be enjoyed & the level backyard area with grass is also ideal for families where the children & pets can enjoy time outside within easy vision of the living & alfresco areas.
Year-round comfort is assured with ducted reverse cycle heating & cooling throughout the home, a gas log fireplace to the family room & an additional electric log fireplace to the upstairs living area. The home also features a 5.4Kw solar system to subsidise electricity costs, NBN fibre to the premises & 'izone' home automation for lighting, irrigation to the gardens & temperature control.
The secure double garage with internal access to the home is complimented with addition of a sizeable 'workshop' or multi-purpose room adjacent to the garage with its own separate reverse cycle air conditioning system & tub with hot & cold water. The room lends itself to a variety of uses, which could include a professional home office setup, rumpus room, gym or art studio.
The location here is not only extremely peaceful & quiet but also surprisingly convenient with the popular Casey Market Town only moments down the road & easy access to the Gungahlin Town Centre.
Summary of features:
• Elevated location with extensive views over Canberra
• Located close to the popular Casey Market Town shopping centre & just a short drive to the Gungahlin Town Centre
• Contemporary 2 storey design with modern facade
• 4 large bedrooms
• Additional 'study nook' to lower level
• 2 bathrooms + downstairs powder room
• Versatile 'workshop' adjacent to garage which includes its own tub with hot/cold water & separate reverse cycle split system air conditioning
• 'Workshop' would suit a home office space or rumpus room (front window providing good natural light to the space)
• Spacious open plan family & dining areas with optimal functionality being located adjacent to the kitchen
• High quality designer kitchen featuring splashback window, premium 40mm stone, large separate butlers pantry & quality Ilve appliances
• Separate upstairs living area with built in electric fireplace & mantle
• Full width balcony connected to upstairs living, fantastic views on offer
• 'Wet bar' to upstairs for added convenience
• Beautiful connection from indoors to the outdoor alfresco
• North aspect to rear, ensuring living areas capture an abundance of light
• Generous bedroom sizes (all with built in robes)
• Impressive main bedroom suite downstairs, including double walk in robes & oversized ensuite with spa bath
• Well-appointed bathrooms, including full height tiling
• Separate laundry with generous storage
• Spotted Gum timber flooring to downstairs family room
• Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the home
• Gas log fireplace to downstairs family room
• Electric built in log fireplace to upstairs living room
• Smart lighting & climate control using "Izone" home automation
• Irrigation system connected to "Izone" home automation
• Instantaneous gas hot water system
• NBN connected
• Central vacuum system with kitchen chute
• Architectural framed double-glazed windows throughout the home
• Generous storage throughout the home (including under stair storage)
• Outdoor entertaining area includes alfresco, additional pergola over separate deck & level lawn area ideal for families
• Alfresco includes slate look tiles, natural gas bayonet, ceiling fan, outdoor speakers & electric heaters fitted to ceiling
• Beautifully established gardens with mature plants
• Garden shed & 4000L rain water tank
• Security screens to front & back doors
• 5.4 Kw solar system
• Block size: 603m2 approx.
• House size: 303m2 approx.
The House at 16 Hogg Street CASEY, ACT 2913 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $344,000 on 6 June 2014.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
16 Hogg Street CASEY, ACT 2913 has 10 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Ngunnawal Primary.
|1.90 km||Ngunnawal Primary||Unaipon Crescent, Ngunnawal|
|2.61 km||Holy Spirit Primary||Kelleway Avenue, Nicholls|
|2.67 km||Good Shepherd Primary School||Burdekin Avenue, Amaroo|
|2.71 km||Gold Creek School||Kelleway Street, Nicholls|
|3.07 km||Amaroo School||Katherine Avenue, Amaroo|
|3.91 km||Neville Bonner Primary School||Mabo Boulevard, Bonner|
|4.25 km||Burgmann Anglican School - Valley Campus||Cnr Gungahlin Drive & The Valley Avenue, Gungahlin|
|4.44 km||Gungahlin College||Gozzard Street, Gungahlin|
|4.97 km||Palmerston District Primary||Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston|
|4.97 km||Gungahlin Primary Introductory English Centre (at Palmerston District Primary School)||Kosciuszko Avenue, Palmerston|
16 Hogg Street is located within the suburb of Casey, which has a population of 5,758, a median age of 30 and an average household density of 2.8 people.