Hideaway Place is as the name describes, a hidden area that is tucked away off Macs Reef Rd, and only two to three kilometres from the Federal Highway on the edge of Sutton and so close to Canberra.
Step inside this north-facing, open-plan home and embrace the warm, inviting atmosphere created by the solar passive design and luxury inclusions throughout. Multiple living areas and spacious bedrooms cater to the needs of every family member, while the secluded parents' retreat offers panoramic bush views and ultimate relaxation.
The heart of this home lies in its extremely generous kitchen, massive 4.9 metre Caesarstone kitchen bench, perfect for the cooking enthusiast, complete with a large pantry and top-of-the-line appliances. In-slab heating, double glazing, and gas hot water ensure year-round comfort, while the expansive double garage provides ample space for vehicles and storage.
Explore the beautifully established gardens with delightful paths leading to the picture-perfect dam, featuring a jetty, fire pit entertaining area, and golf green rear areas. The open paddock allows children to enjoy the great outdoors, complete with a cubby house and playground. There is plenty of water as a large capacity bore supplies water to the property for the gardens.
Additional features include a 120,000-litre rainwater tank, chicken enclosure, secure dog yard, fenced garden area for home-grown vegetables, and a jointly owned 100-acre block for community enjoyment.
The pristine 100-acre bush block has large established native trees and flowers, a dam and creek to explore. There are eight homes in this quiet street, and each of those eight properties have one share in an additional parcel of shared land, consisting of 100 acres of this private bushland, the property has approximately 1 Sq Klm of creeks, billabongs, and pristine native woods, and is an absolute piece of paradise that is perfect for horse riding, walking your dog, taking the kids fishing or to catch a few yabbies in the dam or just chilling out. It’s a surprise bonus that comes with this property.
Only 15 minutes to the city’s edge and airport, with Watson, Epic, Majura Park, Mitchell and Gungahlin nearby, the location is perfect for living out of the city yet being so close.
An additional parcel of picturesque, shared land adjoining the property boundary boasts 1 Sq Klm of creeks, billabongs, and untouched native woods perfect for horse riding, walking your dog or just ‘checking out’ from the fast pace of life for a while.
The Amazing Property:
• 1.11 ha / 2.74 Acres with large dam
• One share in 100-acre bush block adjoining the property
• From the driveway there is a gentle rise to the home
• Views of distant mountains
• Lightly treed with some clear areas
• All-weather driveway
• Scattered native eucalyptus trees
• Architecturally Contemporary Designed Home with sloping roof
• 3 living areas throughout the home
• Solar passive with north-facing living areas
• Double glazing and ceiling fans
• Open Plan gourmet Kitchen with 4.9mt Caesarstone benchtop
• Dishwasher, Oven & cooktop
• Walk-in pantry along with lots of drawers in the kitchen
• Light-filled spacious living areas with vaulted ceiling in family
• Open plan family room with slow-combustion wood fire
• Hydronic in-slab heating
• 4 bedrooms – master with walk-in robe and twin vanity ensuite
• Three other bedrooms with built-in robes
• Main Bathroom with separate toilet
• Abundant Storage and cupboards throughout the home
• Laundry with external access
• Decking and entertaining areas
• Double garage with PA Door, window and storage
• Large dam with jetty
• Filtered Bore Water from communal land to a tap at side of the home
• 120000-litre concrete rainwater tank
• Access to creek and dam in the 100ac communal block adjoining boundary
• All-weather Driveway
• Tar Road Access
• Gas Instantaneous Hot Water
• Established gardens
• Double-glazed windows and doors
• Underfloor heating
• Starlink, internet access, ADSL and Foxtell
• Share in 100 acres of Communal land for riding and walking with creek and dam
• 2 min to Federal Hwy
• 5 min to Sutton
• 9 min to Northbourne Ave Canberra
• 20 min to Queanbeyan
• 18 min to Airport
• 12 min to Bungendore
The location of this beautiful modern home being so very close to the city, yet hidden off the main roads keeps it private and serene. The direct access to the 100 acres of untouched bushland with the creek and dams, is an absolute pleasure to escape to. If you are wanting to move out of the city yet be within an extremely quick commute, then it would be hard to pass up the opportunity to look at this one to fully appreciate all it has to offer. Located just 20 minutes from Canberra Airport and 10 minutes from Bungendore, you'll have easy access to nearby wineries, restaurants, pubs, galleries, farmers markets, schools, and the best bakery in the area. This dream rural haven, framed by a stunning bush backdrop, is waiting for you – don't miss this opportunity to make 16 Hideaway Place your forever home. Please do not hesitate to contact us for a private inspection or more information.
The House at 16 Hideaway Place BYWONG, NSW 2621 has been sold 2 times before, with the most recent sale being for $1,090,000 on 25 January 2019.
Have you owned this property ?
Learn more about sold data
16 Hideaway Place is located within the suburb of Bywong, which has a population of 1,322, a median age of 45 and an average household density of 2.8 people.