Please note that this property will not be available for viewing prior to the scheduled open home time.
It's certainly no secret that Murrumbateman's commuter property market is red hot and destined for soaring heights.
The Barton Highway duplication work has commenced, and the qualified demographic of our area has morphed to see a dramatic downward movement in the median age group to 40 years.
It's an excitingly energetic area and the array of first-class services now includes doctors, dentists, pharmacy, young childcare facilities and a planned new primary school just to name a few.
The original Murrumbateman village precinct will always be a popular place to live and this starter property provides you with an opportunity to latch onto this upward driven market before it gets away from you.
The light filled and airy 103.5m2 cottage comes with a 46.2m2 spacious open plan living/kitchen area with raked ceilings, 3 bedrooms or a 2 bedroom and study combo, separate laundry/WC and bathroom.
The superb 974m2 block is much larger than many you'll find in Canberra and has plenty of space to extend the current cottage or build a new home. It's also fully fenced to keep your pets in. There's also a separate shed on the block which is now used for storage.
Location wise the property is a short stroll away from the Murrumbateman village commercial precinct with its shops, cafe's and excellent family Inn.
Essentially, this is your opportunity to secure a foothold in our prosperous and dynamic Murrumbateman market at an affordable price.
Property Technical Specifications
• Residence: established c.1970's, 92.02m2 of residential living area, 11.48m2 of covered alfresco entertaining area, total area under roof: 103.5m2/11.13sq
• Residential features:
- 11.48m2 covered arrival portico & front verandah
- spacious 46.2m2 central kitchen/main living area with solid fuel combustion heater
- 3 bedrooms (main with BiR) or 2 bedroom with study combo
- separate WC./laundry room
• Climate control: 1 solid fuel wood heater located in the min living area, 2 ceiling fans located in the main living area
• Hot water: electric
• Parking: ample on-block parking adjacent to the home, 3m x 6m approx. detached shed that it primarily used for storage not garaging
• Water supply: 3,000gall/13,000lt approximately above ground rainwater tank harvesting from the home's roofline for potable household purposes, Murrumbateman village/town water for non-potable/garden purposes
• Sewerage: septic system
• Block: 973.8m2 of level to mildly falling land, fully fenced with single and double gate access from South Street frontage
• Services: NBN available, 5-day letter mail delivery at the front gate, wheelie bin household/recycle waste collection at the front gate, school bus services to/from Canberra/Yass to the front of the property, Foxtel connected
- short distance to the Fairley Early Childhood Service, (full day care centre, school holiday programmes - hours 7am-6.30pm weekdays) and MECCA (Murrumbateman Early Childhood Centre Assoc. 3-5 year olds - hours 8am-4pm weekdays)
- easy walk to the new Murrumbateman Health Hub with its broad range of services
- stroll to the original Murrumbateman village commercial precinct with its pre-school, service shops & cafes, family inn and service station, butcher and well-stocked convenience market, pharmacy & dentist
- surrounded by Murrumbateman's cool climate vineyards, excellent restaurants/cafes, nearby horse riding facilities & family recreation areas
• Rates & zoning: Yass Valley Council $1,819.09pa, RU5 village
• Location: 1 minute to Murrumbateman village shopping precinct, 25 minutes to Canberra's northern areas, 12 Minutes to Yass township
The land value history at 11 South Street MURRUMBATEMAN, NSW 2582 has not changed recently, having an unimproved land value of $289,000.
The House at 11 South Street MURRUMBATEMAN, NSW 2582 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $245,000 on 10 November 2007.
11 South Street is located within the suburb of Murrumbateman, which has a population of 3,219, a median age of 40 and an average household density of 3.1 people.