1 / 22
A sensational offering, 1 Rafferty Street holds an elevated position on a 1085m2 block affording spectacular northerly views and giving you the key ingredients to make this a truly great family home.
A home of grand proportions, the two levels offer sizeable rooms throughout in particular the upstairs open-plan lounge and dining area which is seriously impressive with the Canberra views providing the perfect backdrop, and the balcony a perfect spot to enjoy a morning coffee or a relaxing wine in the evening.
The large kitchen space has had some updates done, easily lending itself to future renovations, and is well positioned with the meals and family areas adjacent. The kitchen area leads out to the large, central entertaining area that is a blank canvas ready for creative vision to transform the space. There is also an external bathroom for this area.
The four bedrooms are each a good size and all have built-in wardrobes, with the main bedroom boasting a fully renovated ensuite and access to the front balcony. The main bathroom and separate toilet are in original but neat condition.
The lower level has a large tiled rumpus room with a storage area, bathroom and external access, and the huge garage comfortably fits three cars with additional space for storage.
Other features include ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling (zoned), double glazing to some windows and doors and new carpet, however there is still plenty of scope to add, change and modernize further to personal taste.
With Chapman Primary, the Chapman Shops and the walking trails of Cooleman Ridge all within close proximity, the location is second to none and only adds to the lifestyle on offer here.
- Elevated position
- North facing
- Sensational views to Black Mountain
- Substantial home spread over two levels
- Spacious open-plan lounge and dining room with brand new carpet
- Covered balcony taking in the amazing views
- Large timber kitchen
- Granite benchtops and a Miele dishwasher
- Meals area
- Family room
- Main bedroom with renovated ensuite
- Access to the balcony from the main bedroom and second bedroom
- Built-in wardrobes in all bedrooms
- Original bathroom and separate toilet
- Ducted reverse cycle heating and cooling (zoned)
- Downstairs rumpus room, bathroom and storage area that could be used as a flat
- Double glazing to some windows and doors
- Three car garage with automatic doors and internal access
- Heaps of storage space
- Abundant off-street parking
- Low-maintenance gardens
- Close to Chapman Primary, Chapman Shops and Cooleman Ridge
- Rental appraisal of $750 to $800 per week
Land Size: 1085m2
Living Size: 230m2 (approx.)
Land Rates: $3,893 p.a (approx.)
Land Value: $586,000 (approx.)
The House at 1 Rafferty Street CHAPMAN, ACT 2611 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $907,500 on 10 October 2018.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
1 Rafferty Street CHAPMAN, ACT 2611 has 18 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Chapman Primary.
|0.86 km||Chapman Primary||Perry Drive, Chapman|
|1.45 km||Alternative Education Program/Canberra College||Fremantle Drive, Stirling|
|1.83 km||Mount Stromlo High School||Badimara Street, Waramanga|
|1.96 km||St John Vianney's Primary||Namatjira Drive, Waramanga|
|2.20 km||Duffy Primary||Burrinjuck Crescent, Duffy|
|2.31 km||Arawang Primary||Nemarang Crescent, Waramanga|
|2.63 km||St Jude's Primary||Mulley Street, Holder|
|2.85 km||Canberra Montessori School||Mulley Street, Holder|
|2.99 km||The Galilee School||PO Box 1066, Tuggeranong|
|3.53 km||Islamic School of Canberra||33 Heysen Street, Weston 2611|
1 Rafferty Street is located within the suburb of Chapman, which has a population of 2,684, a median age of 45 and an average household density of 2.8 people.