This superbly located single-level townhouse in a complex of only six hits the sweet spot when it comes to balancing warmth and functionality with style and quality.
It's single level, it's steps from the sensational Macquarie shops, and its fittings and finishes are top-drawer.
The use of floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding glass doors give it a wonderfully spacious feel and sensational garden outlooks from most rooms. At the same time, it's a manageable size, private, tranquil, sun-filled and secure.
The kitchen is sleek and bright, only a year old and kitted out with display cabinets, cookbook shelving, a microwave niche and stainless-steel appliances including a four-burner gas cooktop.
A covered and paved patio off the dining room would make an ideal spot for morning coffee, while a larger private terrace outside the living room offers the option for atmospheric outdoor dining amid lush greenery and a triple-level cascading water feature.
Timber floors throughout the living areas bring a welcome warm tone to the otherwise minimalist white palette.
This home is in the definitive location for convenience. You're within walking distance of Jamison Plaza or the Belconnen food markets and only a few minutes' drive from the Belconnen office and retail centre, universities, Calvary Hospital or the city centre.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON 22ND JULY, 14 WALES STREET, BELCONNEN AT 5.00PM
- Single-level three-bedroom townhouse at the rear of a small complex of six
- Master bedroom with contemporary ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe and ensuite with large
- Two additional bedrooms, both with built-in wardrobes and both with contemporary ceiling
- Main bathroom with rain-head shower and separate bathtub
- Open-plan living areas comprising family room, dining room and study nook
- Dining room access to covered paved patio
- As-new kitchen with custom cabinetry and stainless-steel appliances including a six-burner
- Separate laundry
- Timber floors throughout living areas
- Reverse-cycle heating and cooling in living areas
- Second outdoor patio ideal for alfresco dining
- Fully fenced secure rear garden with garden shed
- Low-maintenance gardens
- Single lock-up garage
- Year built 2003
- Living space approximately 98 sqm
- Body Corp fees $5,265 approx
The House at 1/81 Lachlan Street MACQUARIE, ACT 2614 has been sold 1 time before, with the most recent sale being for $460,000 on 6 July 2010.
|Sold Date||Price||Sale Type|
1/81 Lachlan Street MACQUARIE, ACT 2614 has 28 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Macquarie Primary.
|0.22 km||Macquarie Primary||Bennelong Crescent, Macquarie|
|1.29 km||Weetangera Primary||Southwell Street, Weetangera|
|1.30 km||Canberra High||Bindubi Street, Macquarie|
|1.60 km||University of Canberra - Senior Secondary College Lake Ginninderra||Emu Bank, Belconnen|
|1.62 km||St Vincent's Primary||Bindel Street, Aranda|
|1.94 km||St Matthew's Primary||Stutchbury Street, Page|
|1.94 km||Aranda Primary||Banambila Crescent, Aranda|
|1.95 km||Belconnen High||Murranji Street, Hawker|
|2.38 km||Hawker Primary||Erldunda Cicuit, Hawker|
|2.48 km||Hawker College||Murranji Street, Hawker|
1/81 Lachlan Street is located within the suburb of Macquarie, which has a population of 2,700, a median age of 36 and an average household density of 2.4 people.