A unique opportunity presents for the busy and discerning buyer looking for a permanent base in Canberra in time for the next financial year. This immaculate and light filled home may be your ideal private retreat.
Located in a peaceful residential enclave of quality homes close to the Belconnen Town Centre and Lake Ginninderra, this lovely apartment is being offered fully furnished and equipped. Move-in ready, all you will need is a toothbrush and your clothes!
Hakea is a tightly held private two-storey building in a fashionable HIA award-winning enclave developed as a niche residential estate by Madison Construction in 2005. This unique and well-appointed apartment is in a highly sought-after location away from the high rise but within easy access to excellent employment, shopping, entertainment, sporting and medical facilities in the Belconnen region.
Upon entering you will be impressed with the well-designed spacious living areas fitted with energy efficient Low E window glass film for comfort throughout all four seasons. The apartment is at the southern end of the building with a very private leafy garden outlook from all windows and a glorious wrap-around covered balcony and courtyard garden with rear gate access to the adjacent reserve lands.
The excellent design allows for an abundance of linen cupboards along the bedroom hallway and generous built-in robes to all bedrooms. There is a computer cupboard in the entrance hall and a utility cupboard and European laundry cupboard in the bedroom hall.
A comfort-adjustable king-size double bed awaits the weary traveler, and two minor bedrooms are furnished with comfortable single beds and study desks for students. Relax and sink into the soft leather lounge suite to enjoy a DVD at home with surround sound.
When you do not feel like cooking in the well-appointed kitchen, choose from the many eateries, bars, and cafes in Belconnen Town Centre just down the road. It is a 2 minute drive, or a 10 minute stroll along the new garden paths accessed from the adjacent reserve.
When you are ready for more action, Canberra has terrific bike paths to enjoy. Stroll or jog the 7km loop around Lake Ginninderra. You can even paddle a canoe on the lake.
* A quiet, private, charming retreat with pleasant leafy outlook
* Fastidiously-maintained and uniquely spacious open plan living with plenty of cupboards
* Kitchen with stone benchtops, Fisher & Paykel Ceran glass cooktop and electric oven, Bosch dishwasher
* Energy-efficient Low E window film, split system reverse-cycle air conditioning in living and main bedroom, and panel heaters for economical year-round comfort
* New Smart Strand carpet; tiled floor in entry, kitchen, bathrooms and laundry
* New block out curtains and vertical blinds for light control in living/kitchen
* New insulating honeycomb blinds in all bedrooms
* European laundry cupboard with Samsung 10kg front loading washer/dryer combo and separate Fisher & Paykel clothes dryer
* Tastics in bathrooms with shower in ensuite, shower over bath in main bathroom, and a separate toilet to the main bathroom
* Fully furnished and equipped for comfort throughout including a king-size Sleep Number in main bedroom, and two other bedrooms furnished with study desks for students
* Soft leather lounge, Freedom Furniture timber and glass dining and hall tables
* All bed linen, doonas and blankets, towels and starter consumables provided.
* Covered wrap-around deep balcony and private courtyard garden with Webber BBQ, outdoor furniture and folding clothesline, rear-gate access to adjacent reserve lands
* Easy-care garden has a dripper watering system on timer with rain sensor
* Remote control gates to access two allocated parking spaces or the storage cage
* Stair access to the ground floor apartment with intercom for guests
* Pets welcome upon application to Strata Manager.
Internal living: 126.4 m2
Covered wrap-around Balcony 36.6 m2 and Courtyard & Garden: 40 m2
Total private area: 203 m2
Body corporate levies per quarter: AUD$1266
Rates per quarter: AUD$487
Land tax per quarter: AUD$628.55
Water & Sewerage supply per quarter: AUD $166.85
Year built: 2005
Very popular apartment as both a shorter-term Airbnb and a longer term private rental
2018/2019 income AUD$30,026 and 2019/2020 income AUD$40,845
Currently on Airbnb Rental for 125 nights @ AUD$883.34pw with exit 30th June 2021
Secure now with your deposit for exchange/settlement in the new financial year, July 2021
Inspection is strictly by appointment only.
There is currently no sale history available for 1/36 Morell Close.
1/36 Morell Close BELCONNEN, ACT 2617 has 35 schools within 5 kilometres, with the closest being Florey Primary.
|0.78 km||Florey Primary||Ratcliffe Crescent, Florey|
|1.65 km||University of Canberra - Senior Secondary College Lake Ginninderra||Emu Bank, Belconnen|
|1.72 km||St John the Apostle Primary||Pawsey Circuit, Florey|
|1.73 km||St Monica's Primary||Moynihan Street, Evatt|
|1.84 km||Melba Copland Secondary School||Conley Drive, Melba|
|1.86 km||St Francis Xavier College||Barnard Circuit, Florey|
|1.86 km||Miles Franklin Primary||Alderman Street, Evatt|
|1.88 km||Melba Copland Secondary School - Copland Campus Years 11 - 12||Copland Drive, Melba|
|2.02 km||Southern Cross Early Childhood School||Wirraway Crescent, Scullin|
|2.13 km||St Matthew's Primary||Stutchbury Street, Page|
1/36 Morell Close is located within the suburb of Belconnen, which has a population of 6,657, a median age of 30 and an average household density of 1.9 people.